2020/21 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're not helping the lad but jeez.

Found him to be an odd signing.

Ancelotti definitely wanted Gabriel. This one feels like a Brands signing but of course, one Ancelotti would have went with.

Early days, let's not pile on too much.
A left sided centre back would have been useful!

We're not helping the lad but jeez.

Found him to be an odd signing.

Ancelotti definitely wanted Gabriel. This one feels like a Brands signing but of course, one Ancelotti would have went with.

Early days, let's not pile on too much.
I want Brands to succeed badly but if it is his idea and scouting that gets us Godfrey and Doucoure I'm going to have my doubts. Too much money for what they're bringing.

Was an odd signing, we had Mina, Keane, Holgate and two promising centre backs in Gibson and Branthwaite - quite why we felt the need to splash 20 million where we were desperate for other positions is beyond me. Almost like Carlo’s going to a back three to give him game time but he really doesn’t look comfortable in a back three. Probably not helped that every game he’s played we’ve had different players doing different jobs around him, can’t help. Looks a bit off the pace at the minute.

I want Brands to succeed badly but if it is his idea and scouting that gets us Godfrey and Doucoure I'm going to have my doubts. Too much money for what they're bringing.

Was an odd signing, we had Mina, Keane, Holgate and two promising centre backs in Gibson and Branthwaite - quite why we felt the need to splash 20 million where we were desperate for other positions is beyond me. Almost like Carlo’s going to a back three to give him game time but he really doesn’t look comfortable in a back three. Probably not helped that every game he’s played we’ve had different players doing different jobs around him, can’t help. Looks a bit off the pace at the minute.

Brands has to go - we have Tosun as back up CF

No apparent back ups at LB/RB

No back up at RW

Yet The Oracle DOF of ours is spunking £25 million on a CB when we already have 4.

Baffling.

Brands has to go - we have Tosun as back up CF

No apparent back ups at LB/RB

No back up at RW

Yet The Oracle DOF of ours is spunking £25 million on a CB when we already have 4.

Baffling.
Tbf we do have backups at both LB and RB. He can't make the manager us them. And frankly Nkounkou has been more than fine and Kenny is a PL level player even if he isn't really a good one. That isn't Brands.

He also had a backup striker plan, but Carlo didn't do enough to keep him around. Same could maybe be said about RW with Walcott being unused and wanting out.

I'm more concerned with signing players who cost a lot and don't have room to grow. Also we've brought in James and Allan who are both great but are at an age where we really can't wait very long to compete and we aren't all the way there. I warned of this in the summer.

Tbf we do have backups at both LB and RB. He can't make the manager us them. And frankly Nkounkou has been more than fine and Kenny is a PL level player even if he isn't really a good one. That isn't Brands.

He also had a backup striker plan, but Carlo didn't do enough to keep him around. Same could maybe be said about RW with Walcott being unused and wanting out.

I'm more concerned with signing players who cost a lot and don't have room to grow. Also we've brought in James and Allan who are both great but are at an age where we really can't wait very long to compete and we aren't all the way there. I warned of this in the summer.

Tbf to Carlo Nkounkou was always signed for the under 23's its only because Baines retired unexpectedly and he played well against lower league farmers in Salford & Fleetwood that everyone suddenly thinks he's ready.

Kenny is a championship player if ever I've saw one.

Tbf to Carlo Nkounkou was always signed for the under 23's its only because Baines retired unexpectedly and he played well against lower league farmers in Salford & Fleetwood that everyone suddenly thinks he's ready.

Kenny is a championship player if ever I've saw one.
Nkounkou played the West Ham game too and even if he wasn't good against Newcastle he didn't look out of place. Starting him was the right choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.