Match Thread Everton v Leeds United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Cahill. He’s a legend in my eyes. But god is he dull as a pundit. I know he is only finding his feet. But he talks can I can hardly remember the point he is making. Hate to say that.

I am papping it for this game, facing a team with the intensity of Leeds! Look what happened when Fulham turned the wick up and they are pony....
Fulham turned the wick up on Leeds earlier in the season at Elland Road and pushed them really, really hard too

But we (Everton) haven't had a winning mentality for many years so we need to do other things like play people in proper positions, extensively drill defensive duties in training etc.

Playing people in their “proper positions” and going over defensive drills are totally separate. 11 men on the pitch who are all aware of their duties is what football is.

People can go on about formations, player positions all they want. At the end of the day they’re told what to do and have all individual responsibilities once they step into the pitch. Hence why the total football philosophy is still taught today

Status
Not open for further replies.