Match Thread Everton v Leeds United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have more questions for Gomes than anyone else... Get your shyt together, man, you should be a staple in this side at your age/experience level. Don't know what you're up to but you're letting yourself down.

Gomez is dead, he is deadwood - wont be the same after the injury, he needs to go. He is not competitive enough unless you are ok with someone covering 1km per game and doing 15 passes, I am not

Other than Davies in rather than Nkounkou (and we don’t know what Carlo’s thinking is there) I don’t see an issue with that team selection. I think a 3-5-2 can really suit us. We were under the cosh second half at Fulham but I think it was more to do with players coming back from internationals, and it was also the first time we used the system.
I would agree and the back 3 are the ones I'd go for against a pacy and mobile Leeds team, but as I said elsewhere- why play 2 players out of position? If Iwobi played RWB again, he would probably give us something going forward, but now he's on the wrong side, meaning he will come inside far too often. You then factor in that Davies is also a midfielder by trade (with no pace) meaning he is likely to do that. Richie likes to come inside - as does James. We have the potential to all bunch into the middle like we did against Newcastle whilst also nullifying any attacking threat we have ourselves.

This will also leave loads of space in the wide areas for Leeds to attack into. And my issue is, that even if he wanted to experiment with this, why not have N'Kounkou on the bench for if it goes horribly wrong? All of our options are slow and ponderous and will further clog up the middle of the park.

I hope I'm wrong, but this has disaster written all over it.

I do fee a bit sorry for him now.

We could have at least let him leave on loan a few months back if we weren’t gonna use him. Imagine how demoralising it must be seeing all the failures from last years squad getting on the bench ahead of you.

I am beginning to lose my hope at this stage - we are simply not using any of the youthful talent and still putting cash cows like Sigs and Delph on the bench - they dont deserve to be at the club, as long as them wasters are taking up space Everton wont progress

I think that Davies is a good choice today, he can bring creativity and direct pass to DCL, however everyone knows he loses position easily, it is a risk but it could work. At second half maybe could be replaced by Gomes. Today it'll be a tactical game with two of the best managers nowadays in Premier League. Let's see. #COYB

Status
Not open for further replies.