Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
With our lack of depth in key positions (see results while Richarlison was out and James nursing injury) then top 8 would be a solid season.

If Carlo can convince Brands to spend a bit on attacking speed and cover and another creative midfielder in January then top 6 is realistic and should be a pass mark considering our start and the fixture congestion that is adversly effecting the traditional big six.

The key really is whether the teams at the bottom pick up. Currently there's 3 teams who look very much like they could finish the season with 25 points or less. If they don't pick up then the points total at the top will be high because virtually all the good teams will have taken 18 points just off those 3 teams. It's rare that you get 3 absolute whipping boys in the same season but a quarter of the way through that looks like it could happen. Last season's relegated teams took 24 points off the top 5, the bottom clubs are going to have to improve a lot if they're going to do that this year.

I think the bottom 4 all look pretty poor for me mate.The only counter to that is the sides 16th-14th are probably stronger than in other years (Brighton & Leeds will get some points against sides but perhaps not to the degree people felt). However you are right, those 4 look like they will get cut adrift to me. I'm surprised by the lack of talk abotu Sheffield United as well.

What it shows to me is that the jump from PL to EPL is just getting larger. 2 of the bottom 4 last seson were from the EFL the year before and the 3rd team is cut adrift this season (as the initial euphoria wears off, which I can see being Leeds next year). This season 2 of the 3 promoted teams look likely to go back down. There's always a lot of talk of sides coming up and making a fist of it, but in reality 2-3rds of them will be relegated within 2 years (and thats being quite conservative).

Thats me being sidetracked, but outside of those 4 teams I see it being a lot tighter. Villa, West Ham, Southampton, to a degree Palace have all improved a lot. Even we have improved a fair bit. I don't think the likes of Newcastle, Brighton etc are any worse, and you've then got your Leicester, Wolves etc who are now pretty solid teams. I just think there are too many solid teams for any 4 sides in the league to go on a run of picking up 30 from 36.

Maybe 1 team might have such a run, but I'm not sure it will be a team thats ravaged by injuries before the run of games, nor will it be one managed by Frank Lampard in my view.

Never left amigo. Never will.

tenor.gif

I thought you would like this post from the Fullham match thread.

I don't think how long you've been watching a team makes your opinion more valuable. You can say I've seen Everton since 1878 and it wouldn't make a difference from someone who has been watching for 2 seasons. Different players, different coaching, different opponents.

The club has work to do, but I sometimes feel people want them to fail so they can say with pride: "See, I told you so. Everton that!"

This defeatist attitude is really something to behold.

I thought you would like this post from the Fullham match thread.
Who was that you responded to. Slap any blue around that comes at you and tries to drag you into the negative gutter. You lift us up Tofee. Never let them drag you down. You did well there. Up there with-

“it’s not the hope that kills you, it’s the hope that keeps you alive” -UpTheTofees

Who was that you responded to. Slap any blue around that comes at you and tries to drag you into the negative gutter. You lift us up Tofee. Never let them drag you down. You did well there. Up there with-

“it’s not the hope that kills you, it’s the hope that keeps you alive” -UpTheTofees
At the end of the day, you can lose faith, but you must never lose hope.

I’ve just absolutely blew my own mind here mate. Pure goosebumps and that.

Someone who said that Liverpool slaps us around and that we won't be anywhere near top 4 because he has been watching the team for too long, longer than others.

I understand the frustration and respect fans who have been through it all like most here. But I'll never understand or support the everton that way of life. We are a good side. Let's enjoy it

Status
Not open for further replies.