2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without doubt he does. That wasn’t my point. I’d just expect to see a certain pattern of play developing. Maybe the 4-3-3 we started with was his plan. But richarlison is a big part of that and if that was the style he wanted to implement, we are left drastically short whenever of the front three got injured.
When you play 4-3-3, you have to have almost like for like replacements. A zaha for example
Who could have played in any of those front three positions would have improved that massively. Still can’t believe we’ve entered the season with so little back up/option off the bench for any of the front three. Iwobi and Bernard are not players who can operate in a front three.
Yes I agree, but he’s had one transfer window. As his squad evolves so will the style of play.

Agree with this to a point. But having just watched spurs again, you can clearly see a huge mourinho style influence there in around a year since his appt. I think there’s just a few fans not seeing much influence in a style of play, defensive shape or mentality in the last few games that maybe we’d have expected from a world class manager. I know we have no depth, and I know half the squad is dog terd, but that was the case under Bobby m, Marco silva and even Sam allardyce. Yet I could still see what they were trying to do, their style of play almost from a few games in. I’m not sure what Carlo is trying to implement here yet. Hopefully it comes to fruition with another window. Pace please, pace and more pace.....

Mourniho walked into a squad far better than the Everton one. Regular top 4 finishers and CL final.
Chalk n cheese.

Carlo's job is massive and may be beyond him unless he is still around in 3 years from now. Just watched Man City, Chelsea and Spurs and it is frightening to see how much superior they are all over the park. The passing, the movement is beyond our players. We are definitely a mid table side and no better.

I'd say thats exactly what we are still.
Im gobsmacked at some people who dont get how poor this squad was that he took over. I'd say 80% of them needed replacing to even get to start flirting with that level above.
1 transfer window hasnt even scratched the surface.

Agree with this to a point. But having just watched spurs again, you can clearly see a huge mourinho style influence there in around a year since his appt. I think there’s just a few fans not seeing much influence in a style of play, defensive shape or mentality in the last few games that maybe we’d have expected from a world class manager. I know we have no depth, and I know half the squad is dog terd, but that was the case under Bobby m, Marco silva and even Sam allardyce. Yet I could still see what they were trying to do, their style of play almost from a few games in. I’m not sure what Carlo is trying to implement here yet. Hopefully it comes to fruition with another window. Pace please, pace and more pace.....

Spurs squad that’s been a regular top 4. Ah ok mate

I didn’t say he didn’t. I just meant you can see a style of play being implemented. You don’t need quality players to set a team up right. Ask Sam allardyce

Where shall i ask him. In the dole line?
He camped teams on the edge of the box and hardly attacked.
Surely we want to move on from that.

Combined team.
lloris
Doherty Toby Holgate Digne
Sissiko Allan James
Son Kane Richarlison
I’d suggest 5 of our players would get in a combined 11 but their bench far exceeds anything we could offer and ultimately a team is judged on the strength of its squad. Mourinho has inherited a far better squad then Carlo, that there is no doubt.

Spurs squad that’s been a regular top 4. Ah ok mate
Why do you just choose to compare the part where I say Mourinho and not the other terrible managers who still influenced in a short period of time. I don’t say at any point that I expect us to be
Where shall i ask him. In the dole line?
He camped teams on the edge of the box and hardly attacked.
Surely we want to move on from that.
yea of course. I’m just giving an example of someone implementing a game plan very quickly at clubs. At what point do I a) praise Sam allardyce, or b) imply I like the guy.
My point has been I just wish that I could see a style/pattern of play/formation/set up that I can see Ancelotti is working towards. That’s all. I then gave examples of other managers who bring a style of play. I’ve then just been attacked by everyone calling out the managers names I’ve used. I’m NOT saying I want the other managers, I’m just saying they bring a style of play to any team they manage, whether good or bad is not what I’m judging. Jesus, it’s hard to get a point across typing.....

Read my other response. And to think there’s people on this thread kicking off when people question the manager. Im
Not even trying to be that harsh on the manager, just raising a point and people can’t wait to argue, argue and call out stuff I’m not even saying.....

Read my other response. And to think there’s people on this thread kicking off when people question the manager. Im
Not even trying to be that harsh on the manager, just raising a point and people can’t wait to argue, argue and call out stuff I’m not even saying.....
Ok mate fair enough, go and get yourself a beer .Everton that!

Mourniho walked into a squad far better than the Everton one. Regular top 4 finishers and CL final.
Chalk n cheese.

Leicester were 12th when Rodgers got the job and Southampton were 18th when Hasenhuttl got the job. Please explain why they are doing a far better job than Carlo. Please explain why they are playing far better more progressive football.

Status
Not open for further replies.