2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet he chooses him. And makes him captain.

You really can't have it both ways. Either Gylfi is a liability and shouldn't be anywhere near the team and Carlo is wrong or Gylfi isn't anywhere near as bad as everyone's eyes(and even the stats) can see.
There you go then; excellent summation.

But that's just a bit lazy - what gwladysnight has pointed out is spot on; it raises fair points about CA's recent track record and his lack of progress here should be held up for scrutiny, like any other manager despite his legendary status.

He is the right man for the job, but his status in the game should not see him exempt from scrutiny and equally - I dont think it is fair that you try to mock anyone who suggests anything otherwise

nobody had said he’s exempt, it’s to EARLY to judge him now that’s it - it’s a work in progress why people can’t see this is beyond me.

nobody had said he’s exempt, it’s to EARLY to judge him now that’s it - it’s a work in progress why people can’t see this is beyond me.
I always think you need to wait for the first 10 games to be played before really judging anything tbh but it gives a basic idea of how we look (even though it's only really a 1/4 of the season) I think some folk need to understand though that we are not paying a manager £11m a year to wait 3-4 years for him to possibly deliver, thats potentially £40m+ down the drain, that would be utter madness and if it happened id want the whole lot of them from Moshiri down to just get out and as far away as possible. For now though i agree in principle with what you say but managers are always going to be judged and he has made some poor in game decisions recently, but at the moment we need to get behind him.

Agree with this to a point. But having just watched spurs again, you can clearly see a huge mourinho style influence there in around a year since his appt. I think there’s just a few fans not seeing much influence in a style of play, defensive shape or mentality in the last few games that maybe we’d have expected from a world class manager. I know we have no depth, and I know half the squad is dog terd, but that was the case under Bobby m, Marco silva and even Sam allardyce. Yet I could still see what they were trying to do, their style of play almost from a few games in. I’m not sure what Carlo is trying to implement here yet. Hopefully it comes to fruition with another window. Pace please, pace and more pace.....

Carlo's job is massive and may be beyond him unless he is still around in 3 years from now. Just watched Man City, Chelsea and Spurs and it is frightening to see how much superior they are all over the park. The passing, the movement is beyond our players. We are definitely a mid table side and no better.

Agree with this to a point. But having just watched spurs again, you can clearly see a huge mourinho style influence there in around a year since his appt. I think there’s just a few fans not seeing much influence in a style of play, defensive shape or mentality in the last few games that maybe we’d have expected from a world class manager. I know we have no depth, and I know half the squad is dog terd, but that was the case under Bobby m, Marco silva and even Sam allardyce. Yet I could still see what they were trying to do, their style of play almost from a few games in. I’m not sure what Carlo is trying to implement here yet. Hopefully it comes to fruition with another window. Pace please, pace and more pace.....
Yes we really do need pace and develop a specific style. We’ll have a better idea of that by end of season. But Ancelotti has a much more difficult task sorting us out than Mourinho does with Spurs.

Cant judge until we boot Brands and get someone in who knows the importance of signing good & fast players.

Im not saying Ancelotti has been great since joining as he hasn't in all honesty - but outside of a few players he hasn't much to work with nor was he properly backed in the summer window just gone.

I said as soon as last season ended we needed 6-7 good players coming in when you looked at the squad - then we go sign just the 3, let go of Walcott & Kean and not replace just one of them but sign a 5th CB lol

Yes we really need pace and develop a specific style. We’ll have a better idea of that by end of season. But Ancelotti has much bigger job sorting us out than Mourinho has with Spurs.

Yes we really need pace and develop a specific style. We’ll have a better idea of that by end of season. But Ancelotti has much bigger job sorting us out than Mourinho has with Spurs.
Without doubt he does. That wasn’t my point. I’d just expect to see a certain pattern of play developing. Maybe the 4-3-3 we started with was his plan. But richarlison is a big part of that and if that was the style he wanted to implement, we are left drastically short whenever of the front three got injured.
When you play 4-3-3, you have to have almost like for like replacements. A zaha for example
Who could have played in any of those front three positions would have improved that massively. Still can’t believe we’ve entered the season with so little back up/option off the bench for any of the front three. Iwobi and Bernard are not players who can operate in a front three.

Status
Not open for further replies.