2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 things

1. Carlo may be giving Gylfi his shot to see if he can do it.

2. more importantly he’s Carlo Fn Ancelloti. Barring a <15th finish he’s not going anywhere because if we’re the club that ran off Carlo Ancelotti we’re radioactive to any decent manager or player. We’d be lucky to get someone with the upside snd resume of Marco Silva.

should clarify.

playing Gylfi gives him one last chance to bid
for a starting spot and if/when he fails it gives CA ammo to go back to the board and say “I tried, he’s not good enough, get me better.”

should clarify.

for a starting spot and if/when he fails it gives CA ammo to go back to the board and say “I tried, he’s not good enough, get me better.”
He did the same last season and we got replacements in. Sigurdsson wasnt in the team at the start of the season. Gomes’ form has seemingly opened the door for him but anyone can see we need a better player in that advanced position. The club were also briefing that they would sell him but no wonder nobody is interested.

Personally I would try something different like James in there or Bernard/Iwobi but clearly Carlo feels differently.

I think it’s fair to have a critical discussion of his tactics when things aren’t going well but I’m 100 percent behind Carlo.

should clarify.

He's played him 30 times since he took over. He's started him, brought him on when we're winning, brought him on when we're losing, made him captain, even shoehorned him into the side in different positions ahead of more obvious candidates. The logical thing to think is just that - whatever our opinion of him is - Ancelotti rates him. The insistence that his hands are tied or he's just proving a point or whatever is just weird.

SOME OF THE ANCELOTTI PRE MATCH FULHAM P/C

Ancelotti on South American players​

The players from South America came back yesterday, they were ok and tested negative from travel. They trained today and don't have problems, quite fit but a little bit tired from the travel

Ancelotti offers injury update​

Gbamin is in the last stage of his recovery. I think in 2-3 weeks he'll be ready to train and play.
Coleman is unavailable but they (Delph, Richarlison and Allan) are all fit.

Ancelotti on Richarlison absence​

We didn't lose because Richarlison wasn't there. He's a striker and the problem we had was that we didn't defend properly. He's really important for us, a top player and it's important to have him.
He has everything, I think he can reach the top level in football. He's still young but a really humble guy, I think he can be at the top soon.

Ancelotti on James Rodriguez statement​

Really I didn't talk to him about this, because I think it's not our problem. I think now they [him and Mina] have to be focused on our games.

Ancelotti on dementia in football research​

Yes of course [it concerns me]. Research they do for this is welcome. It's true that 40 years ago when I played, there wasn't the control the players have in this period. I think it's an aspect we have to take into consideration

Ancelotti on substitutions debate​

On the welfare of the players, it doesn't help to have three or five. If five substitutions helps just a little for the welfare of the players it could be, in my opinion, good. At this moment, no-one takes care of the welfare of the players.

Ancelotti on Isco speculation​

Isco is a rumour from the press, from the media, not a rumour that went out from our side. We are not talking about the market in this period, we are talking about the problem we had and working to solve this problem. He's a Real Madrid player

Ancelotti on Fulham​

Fulham didn't start the season well. We lost three games, we want to have a reaction and to come back and play well as we did at the start of the season. It will be a difficult game because there will be pressure on us, and there has to be

Ancelotti on extra preparation time​

Really important. We played against Liverpool on Saturday at midday and for the players it wasn't the best to prepare for this game. The extra day is really better

Ancelotti on management​

It's true, maybe 50 or 60 problems a day! It's not a big problem for me, maybe I have more experience than Frank [Lampard] and with more experience I can tell him he will be better

Ancelotti on heading​

We have to research for this. I don't know how playing with the head affects this.
We have to be supported by the research and the results they do for this

Ancelotti on James Rodriguez role​

His position is No. 10. It doesn't matter if he's on the right, his position is in front.
It doesn't matter if he's in the centre of the pitch or a bit on the right.

Ancelotti on home advantage without fans​

The fact there are no fans affects the results at home, this is for sure.

Ancelotti on Lookman​

We are looking as a team. I know some players played for Everton in the past, but we are focused on the team

Ancelotti on defensive issues​

We have to try to work in these two days we have to prepare. Explain to them their mistakes clearly, with video sessions we will do tomorrow before the game. We have to defend differently, more aggressive and more compact. Of course we have to work on this on the pitch, but you can switch your mental aspect defensively by also talking about this

Ancelotti on Rooney Boss Rumours​

Good luck. All the best for Wayne Rooney

Ancelotti on Khedira​

I have a good memory of Sami Khedira. I would love to work with him but he's not the only one
I've had many good players but to come here to Everton is another thing

Bayern have won the last 8 Bundesliga titles, winning the title there is pretty much a given. Carlo's problem is that they went backwards. The style of play declined and it got to the stage where the players were arranging their own extra training sessions. That raises serious questions about Carlo and above all his choice of his own son as assistant manager.

Sarri's Napoli were exceptional getting 91 points and pushing Juventus all the way. Sarri's took over a Napoli side that had finished 5th with 63 points in 14/15. He improved their points total every season and had a win percentage of 66%.

Carlo took over a Napoli side that finished 2nd with 91 points 28 points more than when Sarri took over. Carlo had a worse points total in his first season and had Napoli in 7th position when he was sacked. Compared to Sarri's 66% win percentage Carlo had a win percentage of 52%.

In 16 months Napoli went from pushing Juve all the way to 7th in Serie A. By any definition that is taking a club backwards.

It isn't an isolated instance though. It has happened right from Madrid, through Bayern to Napoli. Worryingly the same things were said. Carlo was tactically inflexible, trying to impose his well-worn ideas on a squad that it didn't suit, fitness levels dropping off the longer Carlo was manager, Carlo over relying on his first 11 and relying on older pros in preference to young talent that needed more coaching.

Can anyone honestly say that isn't being said at the moment about Carlo's Everton.

The worst thing is that he doesn't turn things around or innovate he just keeps trying the same outdated methods until he gets sacked. People are blindly saying that we need to give Carlo three or four years because of his track record. Except his track record doesn't say that.

Since his stint at Milan.

Sacked after two seasons at Chelsea, walked after 18 months at PSG, sacked after two seasons at Madrid, sacked after 14 months at Bayern, sacked after 17 months at Napoli.

Carlo is clearly a gentleman, highly regarded in the game and increases our pulling power in the transfer market. So why not keep Carlo but bring in world-class coaching staff. Instead of making do with Dunc who is here because of Bill looking after ex-players and Davide because his surname is Ancelotti.

Or we could bury our heads in the sand and keep pretending everything will work out when the evidence just isn't there.

0e497000899b5d76fa35c56ef22ac77c.gif

Bayern have won the last 8 Bundesliga titles, winning the title there is pretty much a given. Carlo's problem is that they went backwards. The style of play declined and it got to the stage where the players were arranging their own extra training sessions. That raises serious questions about Carlo and above all his choice of his own son as assistant manager.

Sarri's Napoli were exceptional getting 91 points and pushing Juventus all the way. Sarri's took over a Napoli side that had finished 5th with 63 points in 14/15. He improved their points total every season and had a win percentage of 66%.

Carlo took over a Napoli side that finished 2nd with 91 points 28 points more than when Sarri took over. Carlo had a worse points total in his first season and had Napoli in 7th position when he was sacked. Compared to Sarri's 66% win percentage Carlo had a win percentage of 52%.

In 16 months Napoli went from pushing Juve all the way to 7th in Serie A. By any definition that is taking a club backwards.

It isn't an isolated instance though. It has happened right from Madrid, through Bayern to Napoli. Worryingly the same things were said. Carlo was tactically inflexible, trying to impose his well-worn ideas on a squad that it didn't suit, fitness levels dropping off the longer Carlo was manager, Carlo over relying on his first 11 and relying on older pros in preference to young talent that needed more coaching.

Can anyone honestly say that isn't being said at the moment about Carlo's Everton.

The worst thing is that he doesn't turn things around or innovate he just keeps trying the same outdated methods until he gets sacked. People are blindly saying that we need to give Carlo three or four years because of his track record. Except his track record doesn't say that.

Since his stint at Milan.

Sacked after two seasons at Chelsea, walked after 18 months at PSG, sacked after two seasons at Madrid, sacked after 14 months at Bayern, sacked after 17 months at Napoli.

Carlo is clearly a gentleman, highly regarded in the game and increases our pulling power in the transfer market. So why not keep Carlo but bring in world-class coaching staff. Instead of making do with Dunc who is here because of Bill looking after ex-players and Davide because his surname is Ancelotti.

Or we could bury our heads in the sand and keep pretending everything will work out when the evidence just isn't there.

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.