2020/21 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's loyally played for his country and can hardly be described as being "bang out of order" can he Anti. That's head-bangingly off key

It’s hugely overboard in its criticism, but, whilst others teams are incurring poor form and long term injuries, we somehow managed to lose all our good form through silly suspensions and niggly injuries from players rushing back too quickly. Seamus probably should have sat this one out and if our makeshift right back gets the run around next weekend and it costs us points then this will have seemed an unecessary risk to take.

He's loyally played for his country and can hardly be described as being "bang out of order" can he Anti. That's head-bangingly off key
well he's just came back from injury to train with the squad for...........wait for it...................*bangs drums* a friendly against England and nations league matches which is one of the most irrelevant tournaments to be held.

Coleman needs to be told to dial back the international football. I'm from Ireland, but Coleman is a veteran now who needs to conserve energy if he wishes to remain an option for Everton. I wouldn't mind, but our national team is the worst it's been in my lifetime - I'm 48! - and it's not like we'll be qualifying for anything for at least another generation. Seamus is well past it now, so it's not like I think he's a massive loss, but he should be prioritising his club to prolong his career at this stage.

I can't believe the club has let some of our South Americans off on international duty given that one of them got himself suspended for three key games and is now jeopardising his future availability on a jaunt half way across the world, and the other is recovering from injury. I love international football (well, I used to before they bloated it into a circus), but at what point does Everton come first? I sense a lack of seriousness about us at the moment.
You would tell Richy he can't play for Brazil? How do you think he'd react to that?

It’s hugely overboard in its criticism, but, whilst others teams are incurring poor form and long term injuries, we somehow managed to lose all our good form through silly suspensions and niggly injuries from players rushing back too quickly. Seamus probably should have sat this one out and if our makeshift right back gets the run around next weekend and it costs us points then this will have seemed an unecessary risk to take.

Maybe - but some players are just that driven to play for their country, and against England as well in this context. He's not got many caps left in him.

To describe him as "bang out of order" is shirt-burningly wild

well he's just came back from injury to train with the squad for...........wait for it...................*bangs drums* a friendly against England and nations league matches which is one of the most irrelevant tournaments to be held.

And if anything, he should be commended for his loyalty to the cause. Doesn't just turn up for the big games - even plays the friendlies. What a real captain he is and better than the spewing vitriol you are freewheeling with here

Status
Not open for further replies.