New Everton Stadium Discussion

No it’s designed to get you there before the game and to stay after watching other games and spending in the hospitality outlets of the club rather than outside.
Hopefully we will all be able to spend lots more money before, during and after the match at BMD. I would imagine that is one of the reasons we are moving. I can't wait to get my hand in my pocket, to be honest. I'll happily spend a good few quid there every home game and even when there is no match.

I did the latest survey last night.

One thing I found a bit confusing although they did state a few times that the pricing as hypothetical. I would've expected the cheapest seats to all be in the south stand as that is planned to be the designated home end.

There were cheaper options in the north stand next to the away fans. Although it is hypothetical if the cheapest seats do turn out to be in the north stand then that could lead to many who would want to go for the south end choosing the cheaper option for affordability whereas it'd be better if everyone that wants to go in the south stand to create an atmosphere stuck together.

Hopefully Everton will continue discussions with the GT8 section and they can get a designated block in the new ground.

That questionnaire was a very smart way of determining just how deep into your pocket they can go....

I think it's pretty good business savvy and actually it's been pretty well handled. Look you know me and my overall world view, I'd personally go back to a game where tickets are 10-15 quid a match and "no frills". Thats unfortunately not where we are at with football any longer, and as a fanbase we have probably clung to those ideals- of being quite a working class club for a bit too long.

My dad, bless him will always get on his high horse about how Evertonians don't have enough money to pay for anymore. I think it's a bit of a well meaning but blinkered view of who Evertonians are in 2020, and who they could be moving forward. We tend to sell our hospitality out in May/June each year, it indicates to me tehre is a lot more out there.

I think it's a really good idea. One thing that hits me, is that clubs essentially try to repackage certain seats as "semi premium" but do little for it. With this you are actually going to get quite a bit extra for your money. Bigger seat, monitor of the match etc. It's really smart as you are building a ground from scratch and seeing not only what the market wants, but incorporating that into the plan. I think it's a pretty viable option too. As I get a bit older, and a bit bigger, having a bigger/more comfortable seat would be good. Something between the typical match going experience, and the coorporate box (which for me I'd have little interest in) seems a good idea. If we can be the 1st to do it, even better.

That questionnaire was a very smart way of determining just how deep into your pocket they can go....

surely it is more a case of who has deep pockets and what do they want to spend on going to the match. For me it's a stadium that needs to provide for the majority with a well priced ST, with a pint and a pie as a treat for sure, but they have to maximise the revenue from the minorty who are prepared to invest in premium seats, a different style of experience, whether that be a leather seat & street foot or silver service.

I dont think it is about emptying everyone's pocket, it's about understanding whose pocket you can empty

No it’s designed to get you there before the game and to stay after watching other games and spending in the hospitality outlets of the club rather than outside.

But they have that at goodison downstairs at the bar, if you can't drink at your seat anyway most people won't be bothered by it

I think the venues and facilities at BMD will be far better and inviting than the current ones.
Of course they will mate, however if you've got a choice between sitting in the boozer with your mates before/after the game watching the other games with a pint or sitting at your seat with a 7 quid hot dog with no ale I know what people will choose

I hope we go for standing areas at the front of all 4 sides.
Ha !
We'll be lucky if - when, they allow people back in the ground to get 60% due to social distancing...purely a temporary measure of course and we'll review it as and when.
And well have...if we're lucky to get one...a brand new ground with a 31,000 capacity for the forseeable future.
Not into that American idea, go the match live to watch it on the Screen? Propa wool behaviour that
Ive tried that and it's rubbish, the TV lags behind the on field action

Ha !
We'll be lucky if - when, they allow people back in the ground to get 60% due to social distancing...purely a temporary measure of course and we'll review it as and when.
And we'll have...if we're lucky to get one...a brand new ground with a 31,000 capacity for the forseeable future.

If the vaccine is 80% + successful then there is no reason why we won't be in a full capacity BM stadium. They have got 3 years to sort it out.

I did the latest survey last night.

One thing I found a bit confusing although they did state a few times that the pricing as hypothetical. I would've expected the cheapest seats to all be in the south stand as that is planned to be the designated home end.

There were cheaper options in the north stand next to the away fans. Although it is hypothetical if the cheapest seats do turn out to be in the north stand then that could lead to many who would want to go for the south end choosing the cheaper option for affordability whereas it'd be better if everyone that wants to go in the south stand to create an atmosphere stuck together.

Hopefully Everton will continue discussions with the GT8 section and they can get a designated block in the new ground.
Cheaper in the North because you might be within a certain radius of a rs. Danger money allowance.

If the vaccine is 80% + successful then there is no reason why we won't be in a full capacity BM stadium. They have got 3 years to sort it out.
The tories hate football, they'll build a temporary margin of error, space and social distancing in to all stadium capacities.
They'll play the H&S card that trumps everything and pass an act...The Football Stadiums Social Distancing (Covid 19) Capacity Act. or summat
Edit; and it'll be take it or leave it...and they'll take it and charge premium prices for the 'lucky' % that get the nod

Last edited:
The tories hate football, they'll build a temporary margin of error, space and social distancing in to all stadium capacities.
They'll play the H&S card that trumps everything and pass an act...The Football Stadiums Social Distancing (Covid 19) Capacity Act. or summat
Edit; and it'll be take it or leave it...and they'll take it and charge premium prices for the 'lucky' % that get the nod

Perhaps but I see the thousands of less 20% vat on ticket/drinks/pie sales trumping H&S. Not that I'm cynical about our government at all... :oops:

Bronze thing looks like the only one I personally can relate to for a matchday (though I won't be payng over a grand for it). It's a shame that 'Bronze' levels aren't the norm for footy GA areas as I'm sure they'd pay for themselves easily.

Of course they will mate, however if you've got a choice between sitting in the boozer with your mates before/after the game watching the other games with a pint or sitting at your seat with a 7 quid hot dog with no ale I know what people will choose
I think the aim will be to recreate that kind of experience at the ground. Although prices will still be inflated. I guess it depends by how much.