2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only real issue for me is his continued selection, and on occasion, handing the armband to, siggy, and his picking of crabs like delph.

It's going to be Carlos undoing here if it continues.

I don't know how Ghosty is even named as a sub tbh - his performances this season, and the last few, have been nothing short of disgusting.

He has to try different players and systems when Richy or any of the other first 11 are missing - he cannot continue to select Sig or Delph, as they have proven they are not good enough, for several managers now.

Give Tom D a go, try one of the midfield ressies, try hamez deeper and gordo/Bernie in attack - try anything as an alternative to picking the very same gutless senior pros and absolute frauds, who have shat it and let us down on so many occasions now it's not even a joke.

His current plan b is the plan a with crap, heartless, shithouses and it's not working - I want to see him try something different.

Everything else is going to take time, as we are still feeling the effects of Koeman and Walsh, so Carlo and brands have to be given much more of a chance to sort that out, in several more upcoming windows.

Imo, I think they both have been doing this quite well so far, in the main (even with the occasional blip of a signing!).

Yes they were. And ive gave you reasons why. Its not as black and white as you are claiming. Did you not see at the the time leicester fans calling for his head at sticking vardy on the bench. A dangerous pest of a striker and he didnt know how to set up and use him.
They were better. Simple as that. They just needed to get rid of a dour manager to prove it.
Your scenario is hypothetical because it never happened.

Finishing above a team for two years on the run is not luck because a manager doesn’t know how to use a player. It’s because the other team is better.

We’ve taken a gamble with our signings due to age and it looks like it’s going to backfire unfortunately.

We have seen this all before, already has the same feeling to every other season since time began, we won’t be finishing in Europe or nor will be winning a cup.

Feel like it’s ground hog day on here same posters telling us to not “wet beds” but we still haven’t done anything... maybe beds aren’t being wet but the same mistakes appearing time after time and you can’t get your heads out the sand.

We’ve taken a gamble with our signings due to age and it looks like it’s going to backfire unfortunately.

We have seen this all before, already has the same feeling to every other season since time began, we won’t be finishing in Europe or nor will be winning a cup.

Feel like it’s ground hog day on here same posters telling us to not “wet beds” but we still haven’t done anything... maybe beds aren’t being wet but the same mistakes appearing time after time and you can’t get your heads out the sand.
backfire? We've played 8 games.

People are trying to be a bit more patient this time though because of who we brought in this summer and who we have in charge. If we can’t get this combination right this time, then there’s no hope

Guardiola took over a squad that had challenged for the title and still took a season and a whole load of investment to get to the level he wanted. SAF took a few seasons at United. Howard Kendall took a period of time to get it right at Everton.

We have one of the best managers in the world at the helm and he’s had one transfer window and is now getting criticised by some fans who will still defend Roberto Martinez. Absolutely unbelievable. That clown at least had three seasons. Hope to god someone at Everton has the sense to give Carlo at least that time to sort out a basket case of a club that has been a disaster since Moyes left (another manager who took a few seasons to get it right)

backfire? We've played 8 games.

Yeah and its already stinks of every other season since I can remember.

We have had one decent season in the last 7 years it’s a disgrace it really is and we all should be able to see it coming now

After 8 games what’s actually different? We got a new player bounce and we’ve levelled out now, back to reality. Survival and then look at top half finish that’s it.

You would think I was talking about Burnley here not Everton Football Club.

Carlo is here for the money. Massive income boost before retiring and all you have to do
is talk up the team and then let the scam die naturally. Capello - he of England fame - gave him the playbook.

Discuss
Definitely disagree with this. Carlo is a decent man. My concern when we got him though is that he has gotten lazy. Can raise himself and the team for one off games but not seasons. I did read that at the time too. also a little uncomfortable with his approach that his family are best suited to support roles given limited experience

Bernard is not gash. In a few years will people start calling Richarlison and Allan gash too. Some people just like posting toxic.

Your scenario is hypothetical because it never happened.

Finishing above a team for two years on the run is not luck because a manager doesn’t know how to use a player. It’s because the other team is better.

What part of this are you not getting? Luck doesnt come into it. They had a poor manager who wasnt getting the best from a better team and squad. Thats why he got sacked. Same players under rodgers proved they had a better set up. It just needed to be managed better.
This will go on and on. We are not going to agree.

Yeah and its already stinks of every other season since I can remember.

We have had one decent season in the last 7 years it’s a disgrace it really is and we all should be able to see it coming now

After 8 games what’s actually different? We got a new player bounce and we’ve levelled out now, back to reality. Survival and then look at top half finish that’s it.

You would think I was talking about Burnley here not Everton Football Club.
This is a bit premature to think like this 8 games in, no? It's a long season ahead we could quite easily win these next 3 games with Richarlison back and all of a sudden things start to look very differently.

When Carlo took over the main issue was lack of goals and creativity.

The performance yesterday was Silva-like. One shot on target in the entire match, Robinson Crusoe
impersonation by Dom, no pace, no youth, Holgate at pretend centre-back..

This is a bit premature to think like this 8 games in, no? It's a long season ahead we could quite easily win these next 3 games with Richarlison back and all of a sudden things start to look very differently.
You know what I would say normally you’re right mate, but this happens season on season now and the same problems have already reared their ugly head.

I think it would be a bit naive to look at the previous evidence and not expect the worst.

You know what I would say normally you’re right mate, but this happens season on season now and the same problems have already reared their ugly head.

I think it would be a bit naive to look at the previous evidence and not expect the worst.

that is why the players who are ever presents need to be rooted out. Pickford Keane Coleman Sigurdsson, they have let down so many managers before. They’ll turn up when the going is good and everyone says ‘see they’re not that bad’ but when the team needs some stability they fall off a cliff performance wise and wait for the manager to be fired. They need to leave the club if we are to progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.