Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which bit of it is crap mate? Did the Rs not win the league? Are Southampton not top? I haven't looked at the stats but my perception is that we always win at Goodison and they always win at St James'.

Anyway sorry I agree, a few weeks ago we were the best team in the world, and now we're the worst, nothing to do with the teams that we've played. No doubt once we get a result against Fulham and Burnley we'll be the best team in the world again!
We win both home and away v newcastle. More specifically, over the last 10 seasons we've won 11 of the 19 games and lost only 5.
My negative view of your post was based on the fact it was appearing to be accepting of us as a mid-table club who can't be expected to beat any top side or even a side on a decent run.

What can one say other than a very poor do. Poor defending to ay the least. What system were we playing? 4-3-3, 4-4-2, 4-3-2-1, I don't know, but we seemed to have little game plan.

There were some bad fouls by Man U and they got away with them, is this a leftover from the Derby I ask.

However overall they defended better and played better.

Can’t remember many times I’ve been thankful of an international break. We’ve been terrible since the last restart, however there’s going to be some very strange results this year, let’s just hope we’re better at Fulham.

ICYMI

Attachments

• F1F57642-B249-4194-95C2-B2185F460EA0.png
    F1F57642-B249-4194-95C2-B2185F460EA0.png
    226.2 KB · Views: 91

Instead of floating victim narratives you should perhaps be asking why it so often happens that derby matches derail Everton’s season by triggering a subsequent run of bad results. Playing badly for the immediate sequence of matches after games with Liverpool has been an Everton thing for long enough to not require a refereeing conspiracy to explain this latest instance of the phenomenon.
Stinks on here
What was your first Everton game mate?

This is largely a fitness problem. Van [Poor language removed] did for James and Allan is not over his injury. Richarlison will be back soon after the break and Holgate should be up to speed after the break. Doucoures role was clear against the lesser teams early on, but he's off the boil. What would I do? Give James an extended break so that he's confident in his ankle again, and play Bernard...an extended run should see him effecting games even more. Tosun is not as bad as people make out...play with 2 up front and see how it goes. And 3 in and 3 out in January. I advocated last year that Walcott should have been tried in the middle, running at defences. Did you see Southampton last night? Mistake to loan him out because whatever the know it alls say, he's an itelligent player and reads the game well. Would have been no problem then giving James the injury rest he needs. I think Carlo is saying to the board .We need some squad depth'.

Status
Not open for further replies.