Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
speaking to united fans they know Fernandes is a dirty snide.... and they love it....i guess its where they are.. my worry is James looks like the old James at Madrid.... we cant get him in the game and he cant force himself in the game.. Coleman is half the player he was we need to look to get that sorted sooner rather than later...left sided centre half...we have no one owning that....
Do we really have to talk about siggy...is it in his contact to take every dead ball set piece.
positives.... left hand side looked good in places...

A truly dreadful display, no positives. A susect goalie, a defence which concedes a minimum of two goals a game, a midfield which doesn't support the attack, and a centre forward who istotally isolated and outnumbered. As for this endless backwards pasing and the defence passing to each other, we might as well be back under Martinez.

Sigurdsson can get in the bin. Why is he starting?

We are still too easy to score against. DCL so isolated without richy. Iwobi was better than sigurdsson but thats like saying the flu is better than aids. Doucoure really poor, Allan not great. Coleman better second half but at fault for both goals first half imo.

If you have half your team off the pace you are gonna struggle. Worrying thing for me is this is all too familiar, we have seen these types of performances every season for an age. Still no leadership on the pitch, half these lads need berating but who's gonna do it when your captain and vice captain are often two of your worst players on the pitch?

Loved Everton a fortnight ago. Hate Everton right now. Welcome back.
Coleman will still start next game though. It's the same with Pickford and others when they are poor as well. Everton just have no ambition.

And again it feels we need another 3/4 players in January. We need a right winger 100%. If James isn’t on his game then there’s no point him being out there. Need him central and take Sig out completely. Still need a back up striker. Bringing Tosun on isn’t acceptable at all at this level.

Why were 4 of the 6 outfield subs defensive? Chasing the game and we only had 2 attacking players to bring on. That's on Carlo that.

We've literally got one other attacker that wasn't in the squad and that was Gordon.

Yeah, would have been good for him to be on the bench no doubt, but the squad has been left short by our director of football.

Lads. Lesson for me is never again watch everton live on a Saturday. Ruins the weekend. If they win, I'll watch the highlights on motd. When will this club ever get anything right? I keep saying it, teams who play fast, one touch football, tear us apart. Why can we not play in the same manner? Football has changed a lot over the last 5 years. You cant win anything with slow, laborious, 3/4 touch play. Everything needs to move a lot quicker. We don't have the personnel or coaching staff to do this.
Don’t watch them on Sundays either.

Status
Not open for further replies.