Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does Coleman let every player cross?

Why are holgate and Keane so far apart?

Why was rodriguez starting as a right winger but ended up as a deep lying left back?

Why did pickford freeze when he knew it was a one v one with Cavani, make yourself big and close the angle?

That derby destroyed our season - not sticking up for our players, because they have played their roll in our demise too, but the torrents of pure vitriolic hatred towards us that followed that game has literally shot this team to pieces.
Typical of us though. When are we going to grow a set and have the mental steel to brush whatever happens in the derby off. That's why they act like that and barrage us in the media etc cuz they know we'll fold

Lads. Lesson for me is never again watch everton live on a Saturday. Ruins the weekend. If they win, I'll watch the highlights on motd. When will this club ever get anything right? I keep saying it, teams who play fast, one touch football, tear us apart. Why can we not play in the same manner? Football has changed a lot over the last 5 years. You cant win anything with slow, laborious, 3/4 touch play. Everything needs to move a lot quicker. We don't have the personnel or coaching staff to do this.

Why were 4 of the 6 outfield subs defensive? Chasing the game and we only had 2 attacking players to bring on. That's on Carlo that.

And now we’ll start to see the same old tweets coming out from the players about doing better next week. They can’t even be bothered to run and do the basics. They’re awful.

Allan was ran round many times. Poor from him.

Doucoure i dont know what he is offering at the moment.

Was poor today.

The bloke is playing so deep - there's no need.

Again, it's a system thing, though.

With Richarlison we can have that outlet and ball carrier to get us up the pitch.

Bernard did well today but he wants to drop in and get involved. He's not a forward.

Carlo needs to sort it because defensively we're abysmal and we're not getting the best out of our attacking players at all.

I think we need an explanation from Carlo as to why we’ve gone from world beaters to relegation fodder within a few short weeks.

Weak mentality.
Lack of effort.
Lack of focus.
Rubbish players.
Bad tactics.
Bad team selections.
Poor prep
Or something else?

We are still too easy to score against. DCL so isolated without richy. Iwobi was better than sigurdsson but thats like saying the flu is better than aids. Doucoure really poor, Allan not great. Coleman better second half but at fault for both goals first half imo.

If you have half your team off the pace you are gonna struggle. Worrying thing for me is this is all too familiar, we have seen these types of performances every season for an age. Still no leadership on the pitch, half these lads need berating but who's gonna do it when your captain and vice captain are often two of your worst players on the pitch?

Loved Everton a fortnight ago. Hate Everton right now. Welcome back.
I mean, clearly I’d rather the flu than AIDS.

Status
Not open for further replies.