Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets turn on James because he hasn't gone past 11 players with a Maradona run when there is absolutely nothing around him

no he’s not done anything he’s just stood there he needs to find the space so he can get the ball and pass he’s doing nothing out on the wing doesn’t have to beat people just find space

He should be playing box to box. He doesn't do enough shielding to be the loan defensive mid. He's trying to get in and win the ball a lot which is good when you aren't exposing your backline every time you do it like he is currently.

My biggest worry about him being box to box is that he´s not athletic enough to that. I thought Doucoure was bought for that purpose but he has been really poor for a month now. Anonymous in so many games.

Allan is slowish for the Premier. He is an old water-carrier. Runs funny and rarely picks a long pass.

Gilfi also needs lots of time and what kills me a lot about him is how often he mangles
corners that other than Digne represents 90% of our goal chances.

Coleman cannot allow people to stop, look up and pick a centre.

EFC are 7 or 8 players away from a good team.

The midfield and defense have been awful. No pressing at all. The only positive has been the link between Digne and Bernard, but not enough to compensate for everything else.

The second half is going to determine the rest of the season. I'm serious. If Everton comes out and turns this game around, the Top 6 is likely. If Everton ties, then Top 6 will be a reach. If Everton loses than mid-table it is.

James in the number 10 role, need a RW to help out Coleman. You could have the best RB in the world but if he ain’t getting support from the guy infront of him when getting doubled on he’s going to struggle

I know he's been poor lately but I'd bring gomes on for sigurdsson.

When gomes has played with the other 2 in midfield they've looked good. This is my only reason for this.

They’re both as crap as each other mate. Utd are walking trough that midfield with ease and have bags of pace, Gomes the most dribbled past player and the player to have conceded the most fouls for us is just asking for more trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.