Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love that everyone has now decided that Allan is useless.

It’s not a coincidence that literally every central midfielder who plays alongside Sigurdsson looks awful.
He can't play the #6 role. So much dangerous attacking play comes from the area he is supposed to be marking right in front of the CBs. That is on him alone as it is his job.

Not looking forward to the next lot of games, if we keep playing like this we will be going on a long losing streak.

Lets turn on James because he hasn't gone past 11 players with a Maradona run when there is absolutely nothing around him

I guess Carlo doesn't know what he's doing.

He has left James isolated with his formation yet again, left DCL isolated again. Started a returning Holgate without a bench cameo.

Our midfield is inefficient as it has been for the past decade.

Allan is a poor man's Gueye. Can't tackle, can't pass. The only players who seem to be effective are those who drive with the ball in opposition half. And it looks like in our over priced squad only Richy, Gordon and Bernand know how to do that.

I know he's been poor lately but I'd bring gomes on for sigurdsson.

When gomes has played with the other 2 in midfield they've looked good. This is my only reason for this.

giphy.gif

Well that’s that. We all know what happens when we’re down at halftime.

Our players seem to be scared of the name on the front of the shirt rather than the opposing players themselves.

Don't know what's happened in the last few games thats completely changed our mentality from getting at teams to sitting off and defending constantly, confidence is one thing but we literally don't have anyone within 30 yards of DCL.

Fraudsson needs to be permanently removed from the squad, too slow and never in a position to start a quick counter.

Keane needs to stop hitting the ball 60 yards to no one.

I refuse to believe Richarlison makes this much difference to us having bodies going forward, the mentality has changed back to the old Everton and it's disgusting.

He can't play the #6 role. So much dangerous attacking play comes from the area he is supposed to be marking right in front of the CBs. That is on him alone as it is his job.
Because he ends up having to push into the massive gaping holes that Sigurdsson leaves by doing... well, nothing really.

I would agree with everything apart from Allan. He just looks painfully off the pace and unable to compete with sides who press us with any sort of energy.
He should be playing box to box. He doesn't do enough shielding to be the loan defensive mid. He's trying to get in and win the ball a lot which is good when you aren't exposing your backline every time you do it like he is currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.