2020/21 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
He kind of played as a hybrid right back against Newcastle
He played at RB for much of yesterday and didn't go missing or do much wrong.

I also think he is better when further forward in midfield, but he hasn't been played there the last few matches as we've had crab siggy blocking his space.
He did that after Kenny went off. Which was the 77th minute. Aside from that he's played his position.

He did that after Kenny went off. Which was the 77th minute. Aside from that he's played his position.

Not sure I agree he's been in his natural midfield position the last few games tbh.

I think you see the best of him when he's operating as the furthest forward midfielder of the three, and allowed to be box to box, like the first 4 prem matches.

The last two formations, due to the suspensions and injuries, have seen him playing deeper, and for me he isn't as effective there, but he's still a country mile better than his koeman/Silva compadres bunging up our midfield.

Not sure I agree he's been in his natural midfield position the last few games tbh.

I think you see the best of him when he's operating as the furthest forward midfielder of the three, and allowed to be box to box, like the first 4 prem matches.

The last two formations, due to the suspensions and injuries, have seen him playing deeper, and for me he isn't as effective there, but he's still a country mile better than his koeman/Silva compadres bunging up our midfield.
I'm not saying he hasn't been good just that he's playing box to box and to me that's his position as he isn't a #10 nor is he suited to sitting deeper. I personally don't think much as changed with his role just that it looks different when James isn't in front of him.

The formation from the beginning was that Delph and Doucoure would go to full back from midfield to allow the fullbacks to push on. I’m guessing if you look at the heat maps for the players both could well be closer to fullback than the actual fullbacks

He did that after Kenny went off. Which was the 77th minute. Aside from that he's played his position
He literally played right back for most of the game

The formation from the beginning was that Delph and Doucoure would go to full back from midfield to allow the fullbacks to push on. I’m guessing if you look at the heat maps for the players both could well be closer to fullback than the actual fullbacks

And with so much possession they were back there most of the time. Any run forward and you could see Doucoure check and come back.

Sick of hearing him say what he can do. Start doing it.

He's doing exactly what the Manager wants. We should have taken him and put him further forward - allowing Newcastle not to break so they were always so compacted, and nobody in midfield with any sort of pace to counter and punch through the line was the failure.

The whoscored maps have Doucoure and Delph both more central than the actual fullbacks. They are deeper but I went backed and this was also the case in basically every other game we've played. I understand what you're saying as the build up was a bit different and they did drop deeper and wider but ultimately they were playing central midfield with a slightly different build up pattern not fullback.

Oh Lord, heat maps are in again.

Akp4kqW.gif

He is having to cover for too many passengers in this team. I dont think he did a whole lot wrong yesterday but he just wasn't able to get forward enough. We need our best players back and we need far more aggression in our play. Then Doucoure will play well again. There's absolutely no steel in the side since the international break.

Status
Not open for further replies.