2020/21 Niels Nkounkou

Status
Not open for further replies.

I can't for one second imagine Carlo told the likes of Sigurdsson, Gomes and Delph to constantly overlook Nkounkou's runs on the left to instead play the easy crab ball into midfield sideways, he's not stupid. I put the blame on those players for Niels not being able to get into the game, epecially Delph who unbelievably went on to virtually ignore every single one of his runs on the left.

I can't for one second imagine Carlo told the likes of Sigurdsson, Gomes and Delph to constantly overlook Nkounkou's runs on the left to instead play the easy crab ball into midfield sideways, he's not stupid. I put the blame on those players for Niels not being able to get into the game, epecially Delph who unbelievably went on to virtually ignore every single one of his runs on the left.

Don't know if it's just because it's Delph but I got a weird vibe that after he played a few to Niels early on which didn't come off, Delph started avoiding playing it to him, sort of like he'd written Niels off as too inexperienced or not ready and was was looking down his nose at him. Maybe I'm reading too much into it just because it's Delph but I wouldn't put that past him as he thinks so highly of himself..

Don't know if it's just because it's Delph but I got a weird vibe that after he played a few to Niels early on which didn't come off, Delph started avoiding playing it to him, sort of like he'd written Niels off as too inexperienced or not ready and was was looking down his nose at him. Maybe I'm reading too much into it just because it's Delph but I wouldn't put that past him as he thinks so highly of himself..
Delph is concerned about his passing accuracy stats. Very important.

First game where he hasn't really impressed,difficult one for the lad though when far more experienced heads were letting us down,big if role for this kid to play for us this season I think.

Thought he did more than ok, got caught a couple of times but didnt come to much. Broke up play more than once with good tackles and more that a few good runs that were ignored and/or played to him to slowly that he had limited options. 20 year old to the day PL debut when many of his team mates didnt play well I thought he did better than ok.

An “average” game for me, which was good enough given it was his debut and the team around him. It may well have been different with James whipping balls out to him and Richarlison creating space ahead of him. He‘s got time on his side, no rush if Digne is doing the business.

He wasnt the only one Delph done it to.
Most of the time after his 2/3 touches to get it under control he proceded to do his left foot clockwise turn then passed it backwards.....horrible player.

Anyone else clock how man times he found space or attempted to sprint down the wing and Delph ignored him, did 'the Delph turn' which he seems to do every time he has the ball and pass infield? Infuriating!

Status
Not open for further replies.