2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm consoled by the thought that Carlo is a forgiving man who just needed incontrovertible proof that Andre Gomes, Fabian Delph, and Alex Iwobi are beyond redemption and incapable of improvement under even a man of his undoubted calibre.

Carlo is doing what he has done for the last decade.

He is a nice guy whom players relate to and want to play for. He goes in and the results initially pick up. That goodwill doesn't last though because he is tactically out dated and doesn't believe in intense training sessions.

A good first season has been followed by a downturn in fortunes that has resulted in him being sacked. That has happened at Chelsea, Madrid, Bayern and Napoli. What we are seeing at the moment isn't Everton breaking Carlo but just history repeating itself.

I will undoubtedly get slaughtered for this post but it needs saying.

Explain how intense training sessions changes today?
Btw. We are 3rd from the top. Not 3rd from bottom.

We dont have depth. That's obvious. Depth of players with talent and attitude.

We'll need to see major Everton spending in January if we dont want to sink to mid-table or just above. No question about that for me. I'm alarmed at the lack of pace we have in particular when Richarlison is out.
We were missing at least 5 starters today.

do that to ANY side in the division and they’d struggle.

we were missing our equivalent to Salah, Mane, TAA and Robertson. Plus holgate. Olsen made his debut.

imagine Liverpool without those 4 at once.

We'll need to see major Everton spending in January if we dont want to sink to mid-table or just above. No question about that for me. I'm alarmed at the lack of pace we have in particular when Richarlison is out.
Supposedly we haven't won a Premier league game without richy since he joined

We were missing at least 5 starters today.

do that to ANY side in the division and they’d struggle.

we were missing our equivalent to Salah, Mane, TAA and Robertson. Plus holgate. Olsen made his debut.

imagine Liverpool without those 4 at once.
You are right. We were. But the point is we didn't just "struggle". We folded. And it was predicted by many of us here yesterday that we would. We don't struggle when we lose James, Richarlison, and Digne. We collapse. Because we have nothing in reserve. We need to spend on quality because what we have is no better than 9th or 10th at best.

That's the thing dave, we just don't have those players in depth who will come in, do a job and fight for the shirt, they don't even have to have loads of talent, just the will to put a shift in.

Bad line up today but on paper that team should have enough to beat Newcastle.

I’m not sure Iwobi would have made a difference he was awful last week and I don’t recall a good performance from him in the league.

Bernard & Gordon from the start and chances are we would have created more. May have changed the result.

We where just too slow in the build up. We don’t want to shoot or go direct, too many sideward and backward passes today.

Shocking penalty decision didn’t help.

Yep. We have a huge squad...but not a talented squad...especially in the forward areas.

You are right. We were. But the point is we didn't just "struggle". We folded. And it was predicted by many of us here yesterday that we would. We don't struggle when we lose James, Richarlison, and Digne. We collapse. Because we have nothing in reserve. We need to spend on quality because what we have is no better than 9th or 10th at best.
We didn’t collapse. At all. They scored a pen (which was a debatable one) and their second was against the run of play.

People need perspective. We struggled with a load out. Southampton showed again today they are a decent side but we were still missing players and James clearly wasn’t fit.

We won’t have 5 first teamers out again all season. Let’s wait til that happens to everyone else shall we.

Status
Not open for further replies.