Match Thread Southampton v Everton (Sunday 25 October 14:00)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't really know what to make of Everton this season as I've not seen much of them (or football in general) yet.
Did they under achieve last season, were should be or just having a purple patch.
We absolutely underperformed last season in the essence we had a midfield that either couldn’t be bothered, in the wrong position or just weren’t very good (or all). It had a massive impact on our defence (no cover) and attack (no service). That being said we absolutely deserved to finish where we did, no illusions there. This season we do actually look good. The midfield has a great balance and James is honestly one of the best, if not the best, player I’ve ever seen in my 25 years of being Blue even just after a handful of games. He is a huge loss for us, been involved in so many goals so far. Richarlison being out at the same time as him is very concerning but I guess you’re missing Djnepo also. Not expecting this one to be pretty but would absolutely take an ugly away win here. If Ings decided to get lost between leaving his house and getting to the ground in time that would be great :p

Defending in particular. Scoring from them has been a strength of ours so far that we may need to call upon without Richarlison and James.
Don't think we're a tall team and to me it looks like we panic a bit though I don't think we've let many in from crosses.

The lads coming in have to perform, the mindset has changed this season, there will be none of this shying away and getting rid of the ball like it's a hot rock. Ancelotti will expect everyone to have upped their game this season and so far they have, I can't se the lads coming in letting anyone down even if they don't have the quality of James and Richy.

Defending in particular. Scoring from them has been a strength of ours so far that we may need to call upon without Richarlison and James.

Need to be getting Mina, Keane, DCL & Godfrey in the box at every set piece and try get a few in.

Digne has to be putting in some good balls and not have an off day.

I would like to say a firm NO to all the shouts to start Siggy

leave CM as is.

I dont Believe Carlo will drop Gomez and rightly so.

Sigg has done ok against low league opposition and was ok against Brighton but nothing great. He has been useless and half-arsed for a long time. Gets 20min in our biggest game. Big name player. Apparently rejuvenated and wants to fight for his place. Steps on to the field and disappears. AGAIN

I have no idea why people are so forgiving of this crap. I can’t wait until he is gone

leave CM as is.

Sigg has done ok against low league opposition and was ok against Brighton but nothing great. He has been useless and half-arsed for a long time. Gets 20min in our biggest game. Big name player. Apparently rejuvenated and wants to fight for his place. Steps on to the field and disappears. AGAIN

I have no idea why people are so forgiving of this crap. I can’t wait until he is gone

Siggy can start RWF like James.

leave CM as is.

If you think Gomes deserves to keep his place, then I'm afraid you're wrong.

I'm not a Sigurdsson fan, but whether it's him or Delph, someone needs to come in for him, to give him a rocket, because he's been largely poor for the whole season, which considering we're top and unbeaten, is some actual achievement.

I'd be choosing Delph, which is possibly an unpopular decision on here, but Gomes needs to know his place isn't guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.