Match Thread Southampton v Everton (Sunday 25 October 14:00)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickford
Ben Keane Mina digne
Doucoure Allan Gomes
Iwobi DCL Gordon

There’s still more than enough quality in that team to win. No one would swap the Southampton 11 for that 11, ours is still a lot better, they just need to show they’re confident enough to win without James. Time for Allan Doucoure and Gomes to take the game by the scruff of the neck.

Have to say I’ll be shocked if we win this, we’ll have to play better than we did against Palace and the Kopites. We’ve been conceding too many goals too, and now don’t have our biggest creative spark to play the “score more than them” game. Ings will inevitably score so I’d snap your hand off for a 2-1.

Whoever steps in to replace Richarlison and James have to step up and put in a performance. It'll be 2 from Bernard, Iwobi and Gylfi and if they don't do the job then the likes of Gordon, Nkounkou will be looking for minutes.

We are basically losing 2/3rds of our front line which no doubt will affect us and would affect any side so its really important the midfield step up, dominate the ball and then whoever comes in makes their mark.

Sunday games are crap, hate having to wait longer to watch us. Gonna be even more of a drag given when Villa win later they go above us.

Be a hard game this. Soton are a decent outfit. We need to be properly solid at the back without Richy and James, and hope we can nick a goal.

Time for the likes of Iwobi, Bernard gomes and doucoure to step up with goals.

I don't even think a draw is a disaster. I fancy us more away at the horse punchers if we can get James fit.

Think Leeds will beat them yanoe

Doubt it mate, Villa flying at the minute. Leeds are gash, one of them teams that will spend first half of season trying to press everyone out of the game, score a lot, but play with a high line, get caught out at the back and concede loads and then tire towards end of the season, more so with the fixture list being congested. We’ve seen many clubs come up and play that way and it doesn’t end good for them. Plus they’ve lost Phillips for a few games who’s their best player.

While I'm happy you've got two of your better players not playing against us, we do seem to be quite accommodating to teams who are not at full strength!
I'll just have to hope that changes this weekend I suppose.
Don't really know what to make of Everton this season as I've not seen much of them (or football in general) yet.
Did they under achieve last season, were should be or just having a purple patch.
I wouldn't waste a quid betting on any results this season, they seem to be all over the place!

Status
Not open for further replies.