Our New ColombianToffees

Status
Not open for further replies.
@UptheTofees, @Sassy Colombian , @Medallo. Genial tenerles abordo. Por curiosidad, ¿de que equipos son ustedes en Colombia?

Espero que no se odian entre si :p

Solo conozco Millonarios, Deportivo Cali y America de Cali y Junior Barranquilla. Perdonan la ignorancia

Translation: Just asking our new friends what teams they support in their home country and expressing my hope that they don't hate each other.
@Jamo Martinez Qué ignorancia? conoces bastantes equipos para no ser Colombiano.

I grew up in Ibagué so our family follows Deportes Tolima. They were not a very good club when I was a child but have improved tremendously in recent years, winning the league a few years ago and they are currently on top of the table, just like the Blues. I also follow Nacional. I started following them mostly because of René Higuita. They were a huge club when growing up and played a lot of international matches like Copa Libertadores.

Cuál es tu equipo en España?

@Jamo Martinez Qué ignorancia? conoces bastantes equipos para no ser Colombiano.

I grew up in Ibagué so our family follows Deportes Tolima. They were not a very good club when I was a child but have improved tremendously in recent years, winning the league a few years ago and they are currently on top of the table, just like the Blues. I also follow Nacional. I started following them mostly because of René Higuita. They were a huge club when growing up and played a lot of international matches like Copa Libertadores.

Athletic Bilbao. Had a soft spot for them because our greatest manager, Howard Kendall, went to manage them. Then, when I arrived in Spain, the first friend I made was a basque lad who is a fanatical Athletic Bilbao fan. So that cemented it..

Incidentally, Ibague sounds like a Basque name.

Athletic Bilbao. Had a soft spot for them because our greatest manager, Howard Kendall, went to manage them. Then, when I arrived in Spain, the first friend I made was a basque lad who is a fanatical Athletic Bilbao fan. So that cemented it..

Incidentally, Ibague sounds like a Basque name.
Ha, isn't curious how we all develop attachment to different clubs. I'm sure that even after James or Mina are no longer at Everton that I will continue following the club now that I have become entangled with it and learned about its history :)

I don't know much about the Basque culture but Ibagué was founded by a Spaniard from the Castilla region.

@UptheTofees, @Sassy Colombian , @Medallo. Genial tenerles abordo. Por curiosidad, ¿de que equipos son ustedes en Colombia?

Espero que no se odian entre si :p

Solo conozco Millonarios, Deportivo Cali y America de Cali y Junior Barranquilla. Perdonan la ignorancia

Translation: Just asking our new friends what teams they support in their home country and expressing my hope that they don't hate each other.
Yo soy del equipo del pueblo, el Deportivo Independiente Medellín. Nacional es el otro equipo de Medellín y son como el Liverpool. :)

b94f647dccc3b5a1a1172c435a0f3a9f.gif

I watched the final of the game that Tolima won in penalties against Nacional in a pub on la 70 in medallo. Personally I thought it was quite funny because Tolima were definite underdogs and Nacional usually wins everything as they seem to be easily the richest club in Colombia. Every time Tolima scored or Nacional missed you could've heard a pin drop on the floor, and there was a guy that started full on crying it was a bit crazy for me, you could feel that people wanted to start fighting too. Interesting night.

I watched the final of the game that Tolima won in penalties against Nacional in a pub on la 70 in medallo. Personally I thought it was quite funny because Tolima were definite underdogs and Nacional usually wins everything as they seem to be easily the richest club in Colombia. Every time Tolima scored or Nacional missed you could've heard a pin drop on the floor, and there was a guy that started full on crying it was a bit crazy for me, you could feel that people wanted to start fighting too. Interesting night.
It sounds like an interesting night indeed. What brought you to Medellín? Tolima were definitely the underdogs, that night was super exciting because we had never won the league so it was special, but even more that we beat Nacional.

Status
Not open for further replies.