Match Thread Southampton v Everton (Sunday 25 October 14:00)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think with James out too it’s going to lead to Gomes pushed higher up or siggurdson replacing him in the advanced role. Then it will be iwobi on the right and Gordon on the left. Leaving us likely substitutions of Siggurdson/Gomes Bernard and Davies (subject to no other injuries). Will be a tough game but hopefully we can see our midfield dominate and feed Calvert Lewin a few good chances. Defence will need to play well however Godfrey at RB will be similar to the early days under Ancelotti where Coleman moved in to a 3 as Digne advanced.

Should be a tough game but I think a 2-1 win if we play well.

His right foot is had enough and that’s his good one, dread to think what he’d do on his left cutting in.

I'm not as critical as you on Gylfi, but I think we can all probably agree he doesn't have the football intelligence or speed to play wide anymore. There's a reasonable argument to say he displaces Gomes (not my view) but off the right wouldnt work.

Think with James out too it’s going to lead to Gomes pushed higher up or siggurdson replacing him in the advanced role. Then it will be iwobi on the right and Gordon on the left. Leaving us likely substitutions of Siggurdson/Gomes Bernard and Davies (subject to no other injuries). Will be a tough game but hopefully we can see our midfield dominate and feed Calvert Lewin a few good chances. Defence will need to play well however Godfrey at RB will be similar to the early days under Ancelotti where Coleman moved in to a 3 as Digne advanced.

Should be a tough game but I think a 2-1 win if we play well.

Or this?

Iwobi Gomes Sigurdsson

DCL

why do you do it to yourself, everyone going on like we're playing City, It's Southampton ffs. I'm not treating it like a walkover game but we have enough quality to beat them.

Our away form over the years is poor and we are missing two of our front 3 and Coleman who's been fantastic going forward this season.

Liverpool were without Mane and Henderson and lost 7-2 to Aston Villa.

No easy games this year apart from Fulham - doubt we'll lose but we haven't the goals in us to win this unless we defend like lions and Pickford sorts himself out.

Oh and Ings ALWAYS scores against us so its -1 from the off.

We can still beat these, but considering the absentees, we absolutely need to try to do so from the premise of a clean sheet. Yes, Jordan.

In all honesty I’m more excited for the game now. We knew at some point we’d pick up injuries and have to get by for a few games, every other club has and does. I’m looking forward to seeing how Ancelotti sets us up and seeing what players are really intent on staking their claim and wanting to make an impact. I trust the manager has got this for us.

Huge for whoever fills for the absentees. I remember Lescott making that LB position his own when needed, need to see the same from the current lot.

Would love to Richarlison back on the right and Iwobi play left - making diamonds with Sigurdsson and whoever plays beside Allan (wouldn't mind seeing Davies given a go, seeing as there's a bit more room there now).

Huge for whoever fills for the absentees. I remember Lescott making that LB position his own when needed, need to see the same from the current lot.

Would love to Richarlison back on the right and Iwobi play left - making diamonds with Sigurdsson and whoever plays beside Allan (wouldn't mind seeing Davies given a go, seeing as there's a bit more room there now).

Richarlison is suspended for weekend game.

Our away form over the years is poor and we are missing two of our front 3 and Coleman who's been fantastic going forward this season.

Liverpool were without Mane and Henderson and lost 7-2 to Aston Villa.

No easy games this year apart from Fulham - doubt we'll lose but we haven't the goals in us to win this unless we defend like lions and Pickford sorts himself out.

Oh and Ings ALWAYS scores against us so its -1 from the off.
If your excitement is gone because James is out despite being top of the league unbeaten then I don't know what to say tbh. Southampton are the definition of bang average if we can't beat these without Richarlison and James then we don't belong in the top 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.