2020/21 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trusting this fella to be our back up / goal scoring option off the bench will be our downfall this season.

Criminal and I hope we rectify it in January.

Trusting this fella to be our back up / goal scoring option off the bench will be our downfall this season.

Criminal and I hope we rectify it in January.
The big difference is that under Carlo and with our current squad then we shouldn't be expecting him to run around chasing everything with little to no service.

Like with DCL, there will be more opportunities for him to score if he does come off the bench or starts a game because he'll be asked to get on the end of balls.

It's not ideal and I'd have preferred another option, but I'm more optimistic than I would have been under Silva et al. In the long-term, his future will be elsewhere.

I hope he gets some game time between now and January and some other team takes a chance on him. I don't think he's a bad player just wasn't suited to anyone system we played. I think as a substitute he could play a part but if we are really to push on I don't think he's quite good enough.

I hope he gets some game time between now and January and some other team takes a chance on him. I don't think he's a bad player just wasn't suited to anyone system we played. I think as a substitute he could play a part but if we are really to push on I don't think he's quite good enough.

He can slot.

Getting him in the right positions in the box and the service we have now...he could come good.

Which is probably why he's in the squad.

Typo on the Echo site made me laugh.

Screenshot 2020-10-21 at 15.22.58.png

I’ve said it before but I really think that DCL has been encouraged not to run the channels as much and instead focus on staying within the width of the posts. That’s playing into how Carlo wants the rest of the team to play and DCL is benefitting from it.

It also happens that that very style is the best fit for Cenk too so while I don’t think he is the future of our club, he can certainly do a job for us until next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.