Our New ColombianToffees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had the absolute pleasure and honour to backpack Colombia for 3 months, on my own, in 2004. What a country. What people. Was working in Quito and twice took a bus from Quito to Cali for a long weekend so I could go to salsatecas in Cali for 2 nights. 48 hour bus trip, each way. Well worth it!!! Picked up by paramilitares outside Envigado one saturday night chasing skirt and ended out drinking aguardiente with all the local heavies till damn near lunchtime on Sunday. My liver is still not right!! The paisas were well safe that night.

What i'm liking about these Colombian fans, unlike RS/Utd/City etc
who have fans all over just glory hunters whereas these are actually passionate
and care about their own and seem to have a decent knowledge about football.

it's a pleasure to have new fans like that.. welcome!

Last edited:

Curious what our newer viewers thought of the match today from their POV.

The first half was nerve wracking. The RS came out like dogs with rabies and it was looking like a long day. Much better in the 2nd half and we had a good chance to win.

Overall, super intense match with good quality football. I can only imagine how it would have been with fans there.

Curious what our newer viewers thought of the match today from their POV.
This was the first derby that I watched in the Premier League and it didn't disappoint me. Nerve wrecking but so fun to watch. It was definitely a very intense and physical game. Liverpool certainly had a better first half with lots of ball control but Everton improved tremendously in the second half and for a moment I thought we had a chance to win the match. Overall the team did good, we did get lucky with the VAR call but it was well deserve specially after the ref didn't call for us on several occasions. I'm hoping after this week the players that were in international duty will get to fully rest and will be in perfect form for our next match. Just like @UptheTofees I'm saddened that we have to wait until next weekend to watch our boys again in motion.

What i'm liking about these Colombian fans, unlike RS/Utd/City etc
who have fans all over just glory hunters whereas these are actually passionate
and care about their own and seem to have a decent knowledge about football.

it's a pleasure to have new fans like that.. welcome!
This is very true. We got a wave of Turkish fans after Tosun and other social media sites get lots of Nigerians on about Iwobi but they just seemed to talk rubbish about their own national teams player the whole time.
Our new Colombian fans have got right on board with all things Everton and I see them in the DCL and Digne threads too after good performances not just James and Mina which is great to see!
Their passion for and knowledge of football is something I’ve rarely seen from local fans of other English clubs and for a team half way round the world that is ace!

Status
Not open for further replies.