2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
34 year old James Milner beat him in a race last season and even in his prime you'd never describe Milner as quick

34 James Milner is the fastest version there has been. Liverpool even posted Preseason vids boasting about him roasting other players last summer.

Comparing Milner now to Milner when he was 16 is like comparing Steve Rogers at the beginning of Captain America and after he's had the Serum.

I wouldn't use any metric of pace or stamina to compare with any of that lot, because they have been juiced to eyeballs for approaching 5 years. They sprint constantly without slowing and are never even short of breath.

Really worried if he starts. Liability over 90 mins. Switches off far to easy.
Christ there are few better options than him to replace richarlison.
Dreading him in the starting line up v southampton already.

Doing a disservice to one of the greatest managers of all time there.

Carlo will play the best footballing solution.

I refuse to believe Iwobi shows any qualities that makes him stand out ahead of Gordon (who is most similiar in style to Richarlison) or Bernard.

Lad also bottles 50/50's and strolls around not tracking back which I dont think a manager like Ancelotti likes.

Unless he's one of those like Sigurdsson who must be absolutely bob on in training and somehow gets games based on what we can't see.

I refuse to believe Iwobi shows any qualities that makes him stand out ahead of Gordon (who is most similiar in style to Richarlison) or Bernard.

Lad also bottles 50/50's and strolls around not tracking back which I dont think a manager like Ancelotti likes.

Unless he's one of those like Sigurdsson who must be absolutely bob on in training and somehow gets games based on what we can't see.
Both Iwobi and Gylfi have played better than all of the fan favorites that this forum by and large rates higher. That's just how it is right now.

I do agree that Gordon is the most direct replacement for Richarlison and I also would really like to see us actually get Gordon into matches since we didn't loan him, but Iwobi has been good enough this year in his chances to keep getting them.

Just because you don’t see it doesn’t mean Carlo doesn’t see it.

On paper, Gordon seems a better choice to replace Richarlison for these next three games - but there’s a reason he hasn’t been on the bench lately. A reason we’re not privy to.

Carlo is one of the most successful managers of all time, he knows what he’s looking for. I’ll trust his opinion over mine or yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.