2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know where to start with this.
Usually at the beginning mate

Look. Some people are just judging his performance on Saturday. He made some world class saves. Luckily his 2 errors were not punished because VAR rightly ruled offside in both cases. We have a different keeper in goal we probably lose that match.

Nobody is saying he's in great form and I doubt there is an Evertonian alive who doesn't think he's a risk at the moment. The majority, including me, think he needs taking out of the firing line to get his head straight, but that doesn't change the fact that he did as much as anybody else to win that point at the weekend.

The OP was correct to say his performance has been overshadowed by the media reaction to VVDs injury

He pulled off a couple of cracking saves too.

I'm not a fan but he deserves credit for Saturday not abuse.

Anyway everyone else is giving him dogs abuse for his "assault" maybe we should rally behind him for once?

"Rally behind him" because of some tribalistic nonsense?

He made a couple of good saves. A stopped clock is right twice a day. Imagine the 3rd goal had stood - MASSIVE clanger, there.

I made excuses for him, for a while, but his time has come now. I wouldn't be the slightest bit unhappy to see Big Rob in nets against Southampton.

Anyone who thinks he did well on Saturday is patting him back for the injury. He was an utter shambles on & did enough damage again to get hooked out the team. Play Olsen quickly
If Olsen played Saturday we'd have lost the game. IMO

So I'm glad he played. I would take him out for the next game though.

Wouldn't have him in the team next game. He got very, very lucky twice firstly with the tackle then the offside goal which he should've stopped no problem. Appreciate he made a good save at 2-1 but we cannot be playing someone who's making mistakes that big on a weekly basis.

Bring in Olsen - no point of signing him if he wasn't good enough to play. Let's see.

I’ve watched some analysis of the game from a few different places and something I’m wondering is if we as a fan base are too harsh on him? I think he’s a shambles and an accident waiting to happen but many other places outside of Sky see the tackle as a blip that he didn’t mean and praise that he kept us in the game.

Do we all just focus on his mistakes too much? Like I said I think he needs replacing and the stats are also there but maybe he’s not the worst and we’re just cynical?

Pickford has been going through a bad patch, nobody can deny that.

The manager will stick with him, show confidence in him,continue to play and try to bring him back to form.

The only way I see him being left out is suspension.

I can't stand this thing of 'it's his job'.

It's a striker's job to score goals. DCL is doing that and we're rightly lauding him.

He made six saves on Saturday and 3 of them were top quality and kept us in it.

You can say that while also pointing out he made massive errors (which ultimately didn't cost us).
I can't stand these vendettas against our own players.

He'll be between the sticks against Southampton on Sunday for sure.

Until one of his mistakes cost us points he won't be getting dropped.

What he needs on Sunday is a clean sheet, total focus and an unspectacular performance with no dramas just to settle the lad down.
Personally I think it's time to take him out of the firing line. You don't know how he'll be affected by all the media. But I thought he should have been dropped before the derby and if he had we would have lost that game imo.

But I think you are right in that Carlo will stick with him

VagueNearAyeaye-small.gif
VVD of course ...
Pickford crushed VVD
VVD misses the season
Pickford retrospectively banned
Pickford loses his place

I literally can’t see a negative in this scenario
Personally I think it's time to take him out of the firing line. You don't know how he'll be affected by all the media. But I thought he should have been dropped before the derby and if he had we would have lost that game imo.

if Olsen is any good it might happen. He is going to get a lot of stick and abuse from the RS mutants . A break and time to reflect might be good for him. There has been a lot of really bad tackles causing injury over the years and I can’t believe how much attention this is getting ... the only reason is all the pundits are ex RS and if it was one of our players hurt nobody would even care ... unreal !!!

I agree with those who think a retrospective ban is our best way out of this.

I think he does need time on the bench, but getting him onto the bench without shattering his confidence is easier said than done.

A ban would help us out there. Then, if Olsen did okay it'd be on Pickford to unseat him.

But a ban for Pickford would mean that the FA have bowed to red media pressure, and I don't want that.

Status
Not open for further replies.