Match Thread Everton v Liverpool - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think being top with 100% record, them coming off a humiliation, 5 years to the day since Kendall passed, 10 years to the day since we beat the customers... not surprised a few lost composure. We needed to play it as just another game, but we get caught up in the emotions. We are all as fans, just as guilty.
I hate the RS with every fiber of my being.

My son has learnt lots of new swear words yesterday :/

We need far more than 2-3 players!

It's the squad that needs changing. When siggurdson and Davies are your back up options then that's the issue. Will take 2 years at least to get anywhere near challenging up there but if we can get top 4 (which is very doable if the season goes the way of last season points wise) then instead of signing James and Allan we can aim for even better players.

The goal should always be making the first 11 second choice in terms of quality. The city second 11 would have a very good season themselves , so that's the aim.

Europe is a must but champions League , as much as that is a wild fantasy right now , would revolutionise this club far more than it would have done under Moyes. If we can stay top of the league for as long as we can as well, well imagine Carlo selling that to potential players next summer!

European fixtures for our rivals and Covid make anything possible. The RS have just lost VD for the season. That weakens them massively.

Hey guys, haven't posted on here for ages, Spurs fan in peace.

I've watched every game of yours this season, you look solid and DLC is looking great. I am glad we have genuine alternative to Kane for England. I am sure you know this anyway but Pickford is a clown and he will be a serious obstacle to you guys challenging properly. Not only does he throw them in the net regularly, but he comes across a bit stupid. I've seen him make some really bad challenges before, one on Alli two seasons ago, that challenge on VDV was practically assault, but whatever, I am pretty sure Carlo will be looking to replace. A bit of a simialr situation to Chelsea with Kepa though. The manager blatantly knows he isn't good enough but can only publicly back him until a replacement is brought in.

Apart from that you look promising but yeah GK is a major weakness for you. He would have cost you yesterday yet again if it wasn't for a dodgy VAR call. I just can't see you challenging with Pickford in goal, not a title winning keeper.

By the way, delighted to see VAR finally (unjustly) punish Liverpool, who have had all decisions go for them for far too long. They aren't laughing now.

VDV injury blows the league wide open IMO.
alright spud, we know JP is our weak point but I'm not aresed about the VvD incident, I want my keeper to put an attacker in fear of their safety, its how it was played when I was playing, a 50:50 with a keeper, expect to get clattered. Unlucky for the greatest player ever to pick up an injury. I hate seeing VAR used for offside, but if them's the rules, the RS gotta suck it up. Like you say, they've had the best of VAR for a long time and managed to get an * on the back of it,. Close calls going against them and injuries to key players is something every team apart from them have had to live with. (Waves to the RS lurkers)

So The RS Klopp are to complain to the Football League/FA about Pickford and Richarlison. They make no mention though that their thug VD tried in the first 90 seconds to take out James and DCL which is what he set out to do. Or the Robertson tackle. Plus when VAR goes against them.

Typical of them they like to pick and choose

Everton should make a counter protest about their players conduct.

City or Liverpool still.

Im just made up if we can get top 4 - prize money and revenue will allow us FFP wise to spend some more big money and bring in the final 2-3 missing pieces of the jigsaw to challenge next season.
euro football, especially CL will mean that Carlo can attract more and better players, I don't think cash is an issue at the moment, certainly now that we are obviously going in the right direction (finally) I think Mosh and Uncle Al wont be shy in getting the cash out

So The RS Klopp are to complain to the Football League/FA about Pickford and Richarlison. They make no mention though that their thug VD tried in the first 90 seconds to take out James and DCL which is what he set out to do. Or the Robertson tackle. Plus when VAR goes against them.

or just sit in the corner of the tribunal and giggle & point

City or Liverpool still.

Im just made up if we can get top 4 - prize money and revenue will allow us FFP wise to spend some more big money and bring in the final 2-3 missing pieces of the jigsaw to challenge next season.

FFP is effectively finished, City kicking UEFA all over the park in the embarrassingly one sided judgement on their appeal against UEFA's very own kangaroo court sanctions, has pretty much spelt it's demise.

You can still technically be done by UEFA's own in-house and hugely discredited disciplinary process but it won't stand outside of UEFA, just need decent representation and an independent hearing. Any clubs with decent legal teams are now released from that straightjacket and owners can spend their own money on their own teams how they see fit and not how someone else does

Mane too. They are a horde of cultist weirdos.
KAG

I agree. I hope Everton counter any pathetic protest that shower try and submit.

Wasn't so long go you were all screaming for Lloris to be dropped. I'll take Pickford if we can stay top of the league.

Lloris had a period of poor form towards the end of Poch's reign but since Jose has come in he's been brilliant again. He's a world cup winning keeper and French captain, he's definitely not a weakness in our side, which would still be CB, shame we didn't get Skrinniar. Maybe in January.

To any red fans reading this, I would just like to say that if I were in your shoes I would be furious! The tackle on VD was atrocious, the one by Richarlison was terrible, and the offside was a joke. If I were a Red I would be climbing the walls, my face black with fury. Thankfully I am not a Red, so sniff it you utter balloons I think this Is called Khama :)

City or Liverpool still.

You definitely have a chance. Would be great to see you guys in with us and not at the expense of haha. I think you look far better balanced than chelsea, who defensively are a shambles. You also look better than Arsenal and United.

Well, the media most certainly showed their intentions and agenda very clear for everyone to see once again over the weekend. From BT to Sky to the BBC. Highlights on motd not even showing Mané's trip on Mina, the Robertson incident or the DCL incident (oh how I wish it would've been Richy receiving that ball).
Robertson's incident is being airbrushed out of existence. The media reporting on the game is absolutely staggering in its bias, at least the reports I've seen this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.