Match Thread Everton v Liverpool - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still some work to be done on the mentality - taking away the luck of the ridiculous VAR decision we lost our heads and lost a Derby in injury time AGAIN.

As soon as Richarlison got sent off they were scoring, and Pickford again showed that he couldn't deal with pressure by making a mess of that shot. Second time in three years he has made a mess last minute against them

I've lost count of how often it happens.

No chance are we beating them at Anfield so at least another year til we get the chance to try this again. Hopefully the psychological side is dealt with by then. And a new goalkeeper would help too....

Still some work to be done on the mentality - taking away the luck of the ridiculous VAR decision we lost our heads and lost a Derby in injury time AGAIN.

As soon as Richarlison got sent off they were scoring, and Pickford again showed that he couldn't deal with pressure by making a mess of that shot. Second time in three years he has made a mess last minute against them

No chance are we beating them at Anfield so at least another year til we get the chance to try this again. Hopefully the psychological side is dealt with by then. And a new goalkeeper would help too....
Was the VAR decision wrong? If not why was it ridiculous?

I think it's more a case of cutting out the stupid mistakes. I thought we were on top at 1-1 and then Mina just basicslly gives away a cheap chance.

Red cards are always going to happen (they should have had 2 themselves) but against the top sides we simply can't be gifting them goals.

Your right about Pickford though, if that 3rd goal stood then that would be another poor mistake from him.

I dont know about you lads but watching our derby on BT today made me felt like I am watching on LFCTV , both commentators Steve McManaman and other [Poor language removed] were absolutely biased , so pissed

For me BT are in a league of their own as far as Liverool are concerned, unadulterated and blatantly biased with Steve celebrating their goals for 'the red hslf' while stony silent for ours, he never ever let it go about Pickford all match, his wounded sense of justice was plastered all over his commentary.

Not just this game it's every f**king match, he doesn't even attempt impartiality, he's a fan with a microphone. Carragher and Neville can get carried away if their side's are winning but they try to exercise a semblance of even handedness, no such worries for the 'kopite with the mike'.

Last edited:

Think that will depend on if they can get their customers in to the pit by the time that fixture materialises.

We will have Holgate and Godfrey up to speed by then. You cannot predict how the teams will be as a week is a long time in football, let alone 5 months.

That's where the argument that most the RS are spouting falls apart: it wasn't a punch off the ball; it wasn't violent conduct.
This I agree with, some people are talking as if Pickford did this deliberately. There was no violent conduct. Maybe serious foul play, but it was not deemed to be so. Time to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.