2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few things stood out to me:

1. Pickford is still a clown that may lose us a few games. Garbage.
2. We still have that bottler mentality against them. We have to stop being so nervous.
3. We still persevered and scored goals throughout (could have had a few) despite being absolute crap. That is a great sign of our attacking strength.

We have to stop getting so wound up in this fixture. We’d almost be better if we stopped taking it so seriously and just treated it simply as a big game. We elevate this fixture above all others and it gets us nowhere.Just play the damn game. Calm the hell down.

Personally I thought we weren’t great, especially in the first half it was pretty much one way traffic for large periods. However I may be over exaggerating as I naively believed before the game we would have a great chance against these given what happened to them two weeks ago at Villa, I thought we’d be able to replicate something similar. Obviously football doesn’t work this way, they were never gonna come here and roll over like they did last week, there’s no way their manager would have accepted that. This was a reaction game for them and they were always gonna step it up with the occasion being what it was especially. We know they have a great attacking side and when they’re on form they’re unstoppable.

Ancelotti has seen and done it all, he’s got the T-shirt, he knows how the game works.
Now that the dust has settled and I’ve considered circumstances and seen how pleased Ancelottii was with the performance I suppose it’s more accepting.

Both together

CARLO MOTD INTERVIEW

For any media kopite writing revisionist rubbish after the match you’d any really sum it up better than this. A good performance where we matched Liverpool and any outcome could have occurred. Next.

Personally I thought we weren’t great, especially in the first half it was pretty much one way traffic for large periods. However I may be over exaggerating as I naively believed before the game we would have a great chance against these given what happened to them two weeks ago at Villa, I thought we’d be able to replicate something similar. Obviously football doesn’t work this way, they were never gonna come here and roll over like they did last week, there’s no way their manager would have accepted that. This was a reaction game for them and they were always gonna step it up with the occasion being what it was especially. We know they have a great attacking side and when they’re on form they’re unstoppable.

Ancelotti has seen and done it all, he’s got the T-shirt, he knows how the game works.
Now that the dust has settled and I’ve considered circumstances and seen how pleased Ancelottii was with the performance I suppose it’s more accepting.

they threw their absolute best at us and didn’t win. Half our players didn’t look fit, we didn’t play well, and we still could have won it. The days of us getting pumped 4-0 and not having a shot on target are over under Ancelotti.

they threw their absolute best at us and didn’t win. Half our players didn’t look fit, we didn’t play well, and we still could have won it. The days of us getting pumped 4-0 and not having a shot on target are over under Ancelotti.

this all day!- ye I spat my dummy out and called them bottlers when the goal went in (so I thought) but we matched them and under Carlo we are a different animal

this all day!- ye I spat my dummy out and called them bottlers when the goal went in (so I thought) but we matched them and under Carlo we are a different animal

On a different day Robertson’s touch bounces off Coleman somewhere else and they don’t go a goal up and we score first. We showed we could react to them going ahead which no one did last season at all. We could have scored more with better finishing from DCL and Richarlison also. It was an even game, those cryarses need to move on.

That’s it mate we had chances to win it ourselves at times. The days of us capitulating when we go a goal down are over over too. That’s one of the things that gives me confidence, that our heads don’t drop when we go behind and we always have goals in us.

Status
Not open for further replies.