Match Thread Everton v Liverpool - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mental game

Pickford - right, his overall performance from whenever he makes that save from TAA's free-kick up until the Henderson goal was probably a 9. He was ridiculously good. Best game he's had for us in ages. But he bookended it with two of the most baffling howlers going. So I actually can't give him a rating.

Coleman - 6 - Unlucky for the Robertson deflection for the first goal, and that injury was always gonna be a risk.
Mina - 7 - Keown chatting crap for Salah's goal. Awkward for Mina to deal with and that finish from Salah was world class. Overall he did well.
Keane - 8 - He was excellent and a great header for the goal.
Digne - 8 - What a ball.

Allan - 7 - Thought first half he was poor but excellent in the second half.
Doucoure - 6 - Couldn't really get into it and not composed on the ball. Liverpool overran us a bit with Thiago in there.
Gomes - 5 - Saw loads of the ball but his passing was really poor.

James - 7 - Did hold onto the ball a bit too long but he created the chance for Digne to cross and what a delivery for Keane's header.
DCL - 7 - What a goal, and his hold up play was excellent when we got the ball to him. Should really have had two.
Rich - 5 - Off day for him, should do better with the header and that red cost us. Also why we should have got another player in.

Godfrey - 7 - Did well, caught a few times but really impressive in hard circumstances.
Iwobi - 6 - N/A
Gylfi - 6 - when he came on the pace of the game had to be upped, whereas if he'd have been on at 1-1 he'd have been able to get on the ball a bit more.

Agree with most of that Toff apert from Mina, I played it over a fair few few times and he deffo cocks up by back heeling the ball away, he's in a great position to volley it away with his left foot, it was actually harder to back heel it than use his left foot.

Agree with most of that Toff apert from Mina, I played it over a fair few few times and he deffo cocks up by back heeling the ball away, he's in a great position to volley it away with his left foot, it was actually harder to back heel it than use his left foot.

Fair enough. I thought he looked off balance and just tried to get something on it, but I haven't seen it back yet!

Overall he played pretty well again

The kopite fume is a glorious thing to behold. They feel aggrieved, they believe an injustice has been done. lol
Maybe it has. Another 6 or 7 derby games like that and perhaps we can believe that luck is just beginning to even itself out :dance:
I do feel a little disappointed though, I mean we really need to be taking 3 points from these mid-table sides.

Was beyond frustrated with our performance but when you put into perspective of how good they are it´s understandable. You just can´t get any sustained pressure against them so always feel vulnerable in the game. Credit to our lads for hanging in there though.

They won´t be this good forever, we just need to be ready when their standards slip.

How can Pickford possibly be ahead of Keane in the poll?

Challenge on VVD could've and most likely would've easily been a penalty AND a red, had it not been for the offsides

Also the other offsides. Disallowed goal... Pickford....

Keane was stellar. He has been all of this season. I was very harsh on him prior to this season, but this season I can't stop praising him enough. Well done.

Because that didn’t happen and he murdered VD. And the implications of it could cause major damage to their season. It’s worth MOTM shout at least for me.

PS it winds them up

Very pleased with Keane. He competes with Pickford for MOM. If only his Colombian partner was half as good. I fear Mina on his showings so far is crap.

Was lucky not to be sent off and was an awful attempt at a save from Henderson. He makes great saves but always makes poor decisions as well.

That's the thing. If all he has to do is react in a flash, he's world-class. The moment he has to think about something he falls apart. Especially come out and challenge vs. stay on his line. Massive screwup for England during the week and another one today and it's all because he feels the need to venture out and be Danger Man.

His luck in escaping without consequence was undeserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.