Match Thread Everton v Liverpool - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

We were lucky in the end but that's still a frustrating performance. If we had played like previously, they were there for the taking. So many of our players looked well off the pace.

Hopefully that performance gives us reason to refocus and keep putting the hard work in.

Bit of luck with refereeing decisions and VAR for a change. Certainly when it comes to derbies.

Anybody who thought there wasn't going to be a backlash from their heavy defeat last time out were mistaken. This is a very good Liverpool side we played today. We caught them on the rebound from a heavy defeat and at a time when we were badly affected from the International break and injuries to key players leading upto the game. To come from behind twice shows tremendous resilience and to get a draw when we were clearly not at our best is also a good sign.

I'll happily take a point today.

Pickford my MOM today although I probably wouldn't be saying that if it wasn't for VAR.

Insane game. Just dont get why we cant keep it like we do in other games. We seem to piss our kecks in this game every season. At least we fought back but a bit of belief and we could beat these. Not nearly enough service for DCL looked what he did when we got it to him. Pickford is a liability I am afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.