Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean if we don't have options up front, maybe we'll be forced to if dcl goes out (God forbid)
Dont think he would let us down to be honest , some players just look like there made to score , he looks like one of those.
To be honest loads say Tosun is crap , but put him in the box , were he dosnt have to rely on pace and he can find the net.
Think Richo would be put up top if anything happened with DCL with Gordon or Bernard coming in out wide would happen before we see either of those.

Not really, LFC have Jota, Origi who would waltz into our squad

Chelsea have numerous players

Arse have Lacazette / Martinelli

Leicester have Perez/Inchacho

City have Jesus

Only us out the clubs currently hoping to finish top 4 have kin Tosun and Iwobi as our answers off the bench to try grab a goal / rotate in a hectic December period.

Its not about signing a world class back up its having someone who is reliable enough to come in and do a job - someone like Tosun isn't that.

Literally everyone one of those players going in as their teams first choice striker makes them weaker. Which is exactly what Goats said. If they didn't make them weaker, they would be first choice.

And your example for arsenal is lacazette, who starts wide alongside aub and if had to replace aub, would weaken their wing. Same as us with richie.

Literally everyone one of those players going in as their teams first choice striker makes them weaker. Which is exactly what Goats said. If they didn't make them weaker, they would be first choice.

And your example for arsenal is lacazette, who starts wide alongside aub and if had to replace aub, would weaken their wing. Same as us with richie.

No one is saying a back up doesn't weaken the starting 11 - but its the extent to how much you're weakened that shows your strength in depth.

Spurs replacing son with Bale isn't as big a drop off in quality as DCL to Tosun or Richy to Iwobi for example.

Dont think he would let us down to be honest , some players just look like there made to score , he looks like one of those.
To be honest loads say Tosun is crap , but put him in the box , were he dosnt have to rely on pace and he can find the net.
Think Richo would be put up top if anything happened with DCL with Gordon or Bernard coming in out wide would happen before we see either of those.

Tosun has got goals for us even when he’s been supposedly rubbish and even when he’s come on as a sub he’s scored some goals for us. If he’s back fit he’s perfectly capable of playing third choice striker for us. These doomsday scenarios iof ‘but what if DCL and Richarlison both get long term injuries’ are ridiculous. If any team in the world lost their two best strikers they’d be screwed. If PSG lost Mbappe and Neymar they would have been playing Chupo Moting last season. Now they’ll be playing a bloke not good enough for our bench.

No one is saying a back up doesn't weaken the starting 11 - but its the extent to how much you're weakened that shows your strength in depth.

Spurs replacing son with Bale isn't as big a drop off in quality as DCL to Tosun or Richy to Iwobi for example.

Bale is going to be a first teamer when fit though, he isn't Son's back up. Son to Lamela is quite a big drop off though.

Bale is going to be a first teamer when fit though, he isn't Son's back up. Son to Lamela is quite a big drop off though.

Son and Bale play in the exact same position normally - one will be back up to the other unless Bale is moved where Alli plays or the other flank.

But my point stands more fool anyone who thinks we have strength in depth up top - we may have a few players like Tosun, Iwobi and Bolasie but none of them are any good if you want Champions League football

Son and Bale play in the exact same position normally - one will be back up to the other unless Bale is moved where Alli plays or the other flank.

But my point stands more fool anyone who thinks we have strength in depth up top - we may have a few players like Tosun, Iwobi and Bolasie but none of them are any good if you want Champions League football
Again, Liverpool won the title last season with Xherdan Shaqiri as back up.

I agree with you, depth-wise we will struggle, but come on, pretending that every team in the league wouldn't struggle without their best players is a stretch.

Tosun has got goals for us even when he’s been supposedly rubbish and even when he’s come on as a sub he’s scored some goals for us. If he’s back fit he’s perfectly capable of playing third choice striker for us. These doomsday scenarios iof ‘but what if DCL and Richarlison both get long term injuries’ are ridiculous. If any team in the world lost their two best strikers they’d be screwed. If PSG lost Mbappe and Neymar they would have been playing Chupo Moting last season. Now they’ll be playing a bloke not good enough for our bench.

Hopefully Cenk Tosun does not appear for us on a football pitch ever again.

Again, Liverpool won the title last season with Xherdan Shaqiri as back up.

I agree with you, depth-wise we will struggle, but come on, pretending that every team in the league wouldn't struggle without their best players is a stretch.

Again im not saying that - im saying Jota can offer more of a goal threat off the bench for LFC than Iwobi, Bernard, Toshun can for us

Likewise Lamela, Alli, Greenwood, Pepe, Cavani, Abraham, Jesus, Perez, Origi etc.

We literally have no goal threat off the bench.

Again im not saying that - im saying Jota can offer more of a goal threat off the bench for LFC than Iwobi, Bernard, Toshun can for us

Likewise Lamela, Alli, Greenwood, Pepe, Cavani, Abraham, Jesus, Perez, Origi etc.

We literally have no goal threat off the bench.
Shaquiri scored 1 league goal last season, same as Iwobi, Origi scored 1 more than Bernard.

I mean I get your point, but none of those names are vastly better than Iwobi, Bernie or even Tosun.

I mean how do you even start to replace a player like Hamez? It cant even be done.

I agree I don't get not bringing in back up but maybe they have a target for January? Which is not that far away really. We just have to hope DCL gets no injuries.

I imagine if we can boot Bernard/Tosun we may bring someone in then.

Even someone on loan or a cheap deal like King/Igahlo/Rondon etc would give you something when you need to roll the dice.

Our current options are a 1 legged Tosun and Iwobi/Bernard famed for their goal scoring prowess.

Status
Not open for further replies.