2020/21 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah it’s a special hell at Everton when you’re made up it’s ‘just a broken bone’ rather than an anterior cruciate ligament. People say we’re the same as any other club but the amount of career threatening injuries our players have had is ridiculous. Oviedo, Bolasie, Gbamin, Tosun, Coleman, Gomes, Jagielka, Arteta, Yakubu, Anichebe. That’s just what I can remember off the top of my head from the last ten years and each of these is either a broken leg or ruptured ligaments. I’m sure I’m missing some but that’s still an average of one major injury every year. A ridiculous rate.
Dont forget Michael keane being close to having his foot amputated due to playing with an open wound on his foot which got infected badly

Dont forget Michael keane being close to having his foot amputated due to playing with an open wound on his foot which got infected badly

yep forgot him and McCarthy also. Then there was James Vaughan who nearly lost his foot from a gash. Hibbert with his tropical infection that laid him out for ages, Richard Wright falling out the loft. Apparently we’re just the same as every other club though.

I remember Coleman getting some sort of infection in his foot just after he signed which was pretty bad I remember. Not sure he was with us at the time but Shane Duffy lacerating his liver whilst in training on international duty was a bad one too

yeah it’s a special hell at Everton when you’re made up it’s ‘just a broken bone’ rather than an anterior cruciate ligament. People say we’re the same as any other club but the amount of career threatening injuries our players have had is ridiculous. Oviedo, Bolasie, Gbamin, Tosun, Coleman, Gomes, Jagielka, Arteta, Yakubu, Anichebe. That’s just what I can remember off the top of my head from the last ten years and each of these is either a broken leg or ruptured ligaments. I’m sure I’m missing some but that’s still an average of one major injury every year. A ridiculous rate.
That Bolasie one still knocks me sick, if any layman can tell you not to run off a knee injury why on earth would a professional team let him carry on only to (surprise surprise) do it again and make it twice as worse?

That Bolasie one still knocks me sick, if any layman can tell you not to run off a knee injury why on earth would a professional team let him carry on only to (surprise surprise) do it again and make it twice as worse?
Didn’t Dan Gosling play on after doing his ACL at the back end of one season against Wolves away? Rings a bell

yep forgot him and McCarthy also. Then there was James Vaughan who nearly lost his foot from a gash. Hibbert with his tropical infection that laid him out for ages, Richard Wright falling out the loft. Apparently we’re just the same as every other club though.
Was it Duffy with the ruptured liver just as he was nearing the first team?

Status
Not open for further replies.