Proposed changes to the Premier league

Status
Not open for further replies.
of course the do - are you argueing that the product would drive the same global revenue, not just in the UK, without Man United & Liverpool? Not with you on this one catcher!
They don’t drive the revenue, the PL product drives the revenue they merely form part of it.

If they left it, where are they going? So that’s a moot point.

Clearly the EFL clubs, many of whom are in severe danger of going out of business are loving these proposals.

The ace card in Utd's/RS hands are the reaction of those troubled EFL clubs.

Clearly the EFL clubs, many of whom are in severe danger of going out of business are loving these proposals.

I wouldnt take it for granted, it might make it harder to get in the top flight.

I wouldnt take it for granted, it might make it harder to get in the top flight.

Already tonight they are starting to speak out - Preston, Leyton Orient, Derby Co, Forest Green Rovers and I suspect nearly all the others. It will end up being the 'Big 6' + the 72 EFL clubs who need saving and sustaining vs a few PL clubs and the govt will notice this as many of the clubs in the EFL are represented by Tory Mp's. As I said it's their ace card.

This is the thin end of the wedge towards the US model of No Relegation movable 'Franchises'
In 1985 Widnes and Everton were the two best teams in the world

Along came the RL Super League.
Wigan, St Helens, Warrington and Widnes...plus Leeds and others. It was decided that 4 into 3 would not go and Widnes had to merge with Warrington or drop out of the new Super League...to their everlasting moral credit they chose to drop out rather than merge with hated rivals Warrington.

Untd, City, rs and Everton...plus Leeds, maybe Villa and others

Hands up who will get the short straw??

Interesting that We and Villa are yet to comment on this...waiting and seeing what happens and if they can take a bit more advantage of it?

So because Man u hit lucky with Ferguson and also this was the time sky money came in., they should now get more money. These clubs are just scared of losing their status at the top

Let them be power brokers....but not in ‘our’ game. I really don’t think we need either of them so cast them adrift to Europe or the MLS. But what about the viewing figures and the crowd numbers for away games at the other clubs....simple, promote the two Glasgow teams to the Premiership. They have a vast fan base around the globe, and they travel in their thousands every week to away games.

Dump those who don’t want to be here and welcome those who do.
I don’t agree that the 2 Glasgow clubs come into the premiership
They cause trouble at games and spout sectarian nonsense everywhere they go

This data in many ways disprovez what you are saying. I mean Everton and Wolves are virtually level with Arsenal/Chelsea yet the TV revenues they get far more money. If anything the top 6 get too much money.

The gap from top to bottom, is like 2.5 x. It's hardly indicative of them bringing in all the money. Quite the opposite.

Then factor in, the exposure and push the top teams get, particularly Liverpool and you wonder if all teams were marketed equally where it would be? If West Ham and say Palace had 2-3 more years going for the title and say Spurs and City were in the bottom half, I'd wager a fair bit the former would have more viewers.

Essentially, however is top, and whoever get the push from broadcasters will get slightly more viewers than the rest. However the uptake in watchers doesn't really correlate to the existing inequality in revenues. That's all that's been proven there.
Sky have said that at the moment the difference in TV money between first and last place in the PL is 1.7 to 1
Under the scums proposals it would be 4 to 1

Already tonight they are starting to speak out - Preston, Leyton Orient, Derby Co, Forest Green Rovers and I suspect nearly all the others. It will end up being the 'Big 6' + the 72 EFL clubs who need saving and sustaining vs a few PL clubs and the govt will notice this as many of the clubs in the EFL are represented by Tory Mp's. As I said it's their ace card.
Why don’t the top 6 give 20 m each and the other 14 10 m each to the EFL
That’s 260m and the EFL will be happy
Then strike a deal over TV money for EFL clubs
The EL clubs will have to become more realistic with their expenses when crowds return

"Apart from VAR, increased revenue for a select handful of clubs, more money lining the pockets of dodgy owners, a bigger gap between the megarich and the rest, unsustainably inflated player wages, Jamie Carragher, Gary Neville and the downgrading of the once-revered league championship; what has the Premier League ever done for us?"

Answer "**** all"

These proposals will just make things much much worse

The aqueduct?

They could do exactly the same thing and help the EPL out, by giving a small percentage from every club in the Premier league to the EPL and grassroots and not power grab.
Wonder why they haven't thought of that. Parry should be sacked immediately, he has been thrown under a bus by Man United and Liverpool, their silence has been deafening, he is their sacrificial lamb.

Ian Holloway, currently managing Grimsby Town, was on TalkSport a little earlier - He is disgusted with the proposal and completely against the idea whole-heartedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.