Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we putting him on pens? No? Then who cares that he scores them?

There isn't a good answer on the right if James gets hurt but that is also a position that King has very limited experience in so he isn't the answer either.
no but he's been released and would be cheaper that's why I suggest Welbeck compared to King who B'Mouth want 10m for, Well that answer was all I was looking for, Thanks for coming to my ted talk.
Ive said Tosun could work.

Sure he's a snail, but he can slot, think he would do ok in our current side.

I just think King would be a decent option.

If weve got no money, we've got no money and we go with what we've got and pray that DCL, Rico and Hamez never get injured.

Obviously it’s just opinions but I think we do. I think swapping iwobi for DCL reduces our goal threat significantly and means we have to change the way we play quite dramatically. Iwobi and Gordon are also our cover on the right side, and James is unlikely to be playing 90 minutes 40 times unfortunately. I’m not sure 5 players is enough to cover those 3 positions, especially when one of the 5 has about half a dozen senior games under his belt. King himself would not be my First choice by a long shot, but I do think he’s the type of player we could probably do with.
Wait Iwobi for DCL? I don't follow.

My thinking is if we feel comfortable with 4 CBs for 2 spots then we should be with 4 wingers for 2 spots. We have 5 already since Bernard stayed. Which is why I'm saying I see any signing of a forward as a backup for DCL or unnecessary. And as I don't really think King is actually any better than Tosun, I don't think it is worthwhile.

Ive said Tosun could work.

Sure he's a snail, but he can slot, think he would do ok in our current side.

I just think King would be a decent option.

If weve got no money, we've got no money and we go with what we've got and pray that DCL, Rico and Hamez never get injured.
If we still had a prayer of moving Tosun maybe we could consider signing another player at that level but as Tosun is staying I don't see any point in King.

And the argument seems to be positional flexibility but I don't think we need someone who can be mediocre multiple ways.

We had one

BUT WE’VE LOANED HIM OUT FFS

Has to be a valid reason we have loaned him out.

Either he is dreadful in training, not following instructions and a potential disruption. Or we have someone lined up who we really want in, and Kean would have dropped further down the pecking order.

Does seem strange to leave ourselves short up front, but having said that, Kean came on for the last 25+ minutes against a 10 man West Brom side ,who had been absolutely battered for 20 minutes, and did nothing at all. He has a biggish reputation, but has looked anything but a talented young striker, in what he has contributed in the 12 months he has been here.

We don't though, we need a striker to back up DCL. We have 5 players who Carlo seems to think are wide players and one or two if you count Tosun who play striker. Now if you think Josh King is a good striker then we have a good argument to sign him, but I don't. And as I don't his being able to do a job in two other positions that we don't need him for isn't a worthwhile thing to consider.

We have that player already in Richarlison.

If you're playing a front three, like we are, then you need players who are versatile enough to play across it. That's what the top teams have.

I have said all along that I didn't want us to sign King after letting Kean go, but I did also think we'd genuinely be in for another forward. We weren't, which is a bit of a disappointment.

If the option is King for a reasonable fee on a reasonable contract, which given the situation could probably be the case, or Tosun/nothing (the same thing, as he's still injured and not even returned to training), then I'd take that.

I don't think we have the money to go out and get a Benrahma or Sarr. Maybe I'm wrong.

January isn't too far away, but all it takes is a knock for Richarlison and we're suddenly much worse off. If he's having to cover two positions already, which he is, then that extenuates it.

Has to be a valid reason we have loaned him out.

Either he is dreadful in training, not following instructions and a potential disruption. Or we have someone lined up who we really want in, and Kean would have dropped further down the pecking order.

Does seem strange to leave ourselves short up front, but having said that, Kean came on for the last 25+ minutes against a 10 man West Brom side ,who had been absolutely battered for 20 minutes, and did nothing at all. He has a biggish reputation, but has looked anything but a talented young striker, in what he has contributed in the 12 months he has been here.

He came on for 12 minutes plus stoppage

We were 5-2 up and he went and played right wing.

What did we need him to do in that situation?

I'm not saying he was the answer. But we've left ourselves short as it stands, if injuries happen. We aren't Lance Armstrong FC across the park, and we tend to have a lot of injuries, especially as the only way to stop our front line atm is by kicking them.

If you're playing a front three, like we are, then you need players who are versatile enough to play across it. That's what the top teams have.

I have said all along that I didn't want us to sign King after letting Kean go, but I did also think we'd genuinely be in for another forward. We weren't, which is a bit of a disappointment.

If the option is King for a reasonable fee on a reasonable contract, which given the situation could probably be the case, or Tosun/nothing (the same thing, as he's still injured and not even returned to training), then I'd take that.

I don't think we have the money to go out and get a Benrahma or Sarr. Maybe I'm wrong.

January isn't too far away, but all it takes is a knock for Richarlison and we're suddenly much worse off. If he's having to cover two positions already, which he is, then that extenuates it.

I think in regards to having the money for a Sarr or Benrahma, that will be a game of brinkmanship. I actually think we will add a forward from the Championship, but Brands will want the very best deal possible. Look at the breakdown of costs for James, Doucoure and Godfrey. All of them for under market value and we got a great deal for Allan too. I expect we will wait and see which club blinks. There are 4 or 5 players who would improve our squad. Especially if we can get Besic and Bolasie out too.

We don't play a game until the window fully closes, so there is no immediate rush.

He came on for 12 minutes plus stoppage

We were 5-2 up and he went and played right wing.

What did we need him to do in that situation?

I'm not saying he was the answer. But we've left ourselves short as it stands, if injuries happen. We aren't Lance Armstrong FC across the park, and we tend to have a lot of injuries, especially as the only way to stop our front line atm is by kicking them.

He didn't impress though did he. 5-2 up and he had the freedom of the park to go and make a mark. His standout moment was that dreadful Rabona attempt.

I trust Carlo 100%. I think we will bring in another forward before the domestic window closes.

I don't think there is much difference in King replacing an injured James/DCL/Richarlison than there is if Tosun/Iwobi/Bernard/Gordon is the replacement. We're in trouble regardless. So from that perspective I just don't see the point. Even at modest money and on a short term deal we are still taking away from out ability to sign better players.

I don't think there is much difference in King replacing an injured James/DCL/Richarlison than there is if Tosun/Iwobi/Bernard/Gordon is the replacement. We're in trouble regardless. So from that perspective I just don't see the point. Even at modest money and on a short term deal we are still taking away from out ability to sign better players.

Do you think Benrahma or Sarr would be good additions, rather than King?

Anyone who thinks Tosun can replace DCL need to see how much distance and pace Dom puts in off the ball, ensuring the CBs don’t get an easy free pass. Whilst Tosun might be as good in the box, he can’t match Dom off the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.