New Everton Stadium Discussion

Very true that a little wall divide won't really make any difference. People get a bit hung up on the thought of having a true single stand.

Very true, those disabled sections run about 80% across that curved stand and then you've got the divide in the middle as well and that's clearly not going to have made even a slight difference. Our pretty chunky disabled section in the lower gwladys made zero difference to atmosphere in a stand half the size of our proposed one.

If nit for those flipping history guys planning might well have been given the nod and we could have started! Just get the thing built asap.

Looks fab in the vid.

Very true, those disabled sections run about 80% across that curved stand and then you've got the divide in the middle as well and that's clearly not going to have made even a slight difference. Our pretty chunky disabled section in the lower gwladys made zero difference to atmosphere in a stand half the size of our proposed one.

About 50% of the stand abehind the touchline doesn't have any interruption (about the width of the penalty area.)

From the opposite end I look straight at it every home game, a lot wider than the six yard box and nearer the width of the penalty area.
Dunno why it’s bothering you so much?

Yeah, I've just looked at it. There's the disabled sections which run a good way in to the stand and then there's also a divide in those two blocks you've said are "uninterrupted". Looks like a walkway or something

It's a super-riser - i.e. a larger step up within the stand compared to normal row heights.

In the middle of our south stand (i.e. where there are no disabled bays) the purpose is to allow for safe standing without the seated rows behind getting their views obstructed. This from our planning docs...

"The super-riser will allow wheelchair spectators to be accommodated within the south stand while allowing the spectators behind the wheelchair users to have uninterrupted viewing and also allow for standing spectators to use the lower portion of the stand in the event of ‘safe standing’ to be included within the stadium in the future, again without disrupting the view of spectators seated behind."

Given that BMD is also going to give lower portion of the south stand to standing, I expect there will be a similar thing there.

HomeEnd.png

Cross section of the south stand from the updated plans ^

These are the types of invalids that we are dealing with at Historic England.

They are condoning keeping the slavery statues standing in cities. Extraordinary, tone deaf, irrelevant organisation.