2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was is that Souness said? I must have missed that.

“If he’s 19, why have Juventus sold him?”

“Personally, there’s a slight alarm bell going off in my head. Juventus are arguably the biggest and wealthiest club in Italy. Given that they’ve got an older strike force and you’re selling a 19-year-old who won’t be hurting you wage wise.

“They’ve not got £100million plus for him, I think there will be other issues there. I don’t know. If they’ve not got a buyback clause then they’re happy to see him out the door. At 19.

“It doesn’t make any common sense. It seems as if Juventus are saying ‘we don’t care about how good he’s going to be, go on you can take him’.

“It’s a bit like Emmanuel Adebayor, at 25 just about to enter his best years and Arsene Wenger sold him to Manchester City.

“Right away you were thinking that he’s not selling him because he’s not a good footballer, it’s because something is not quite right. And that’s how it turned out to be.”

... he was spot on.

“Personally, there’s a slight alarm bell going off in my head. Juventus are arguably the biggest and wealthiest club in Italy. Given that they’ve got an older strike force and you’re selling a 19-year-old who won’t be hurting you wage wise.

“They’ve not got £100million plus for him, I think there will be other issues there. I don’t know. If they’ve not got a buyback clause then they’re happy to see him out the door. At 19.

“It doesn’t make any common sense. It seems as if Juventus are saying ‘we don’t care about how good he’s going to be, go on you can take him’.

“It’s a bit like Emmanuel Adebayor, at 25 just about to enter his best years and Arsene Wenger sold him to Manchester City.

“Right away you were thinking that he’s not selling him because he’s not a good footballer, it’s because something is not quite right. And that’s how it turned out to be.”

... he was spot on.
Souness is a massive penis though. He's just making assumptions there. What would he know?

Having said that, he clearly hasn't really produced much in his time with us, not that he's been given serious chances like, but I presume that must be because he's not cutting the mustard behind the scenes.

I don't think you can write him off at this stage though. Let's hope he gets some good experience and matures a bit at PSG, then comes back to us with mad skillz to shine in our Champion's League campaign. ;)

... he was spot on.
Oh, and am I remembering incorrectly, or wasn't it the case that he declined to sign a new contract with Juve and wanted to leave because of racist nonsense he was subjected to there?

The kids a talent everyone rates and speaks highly of him at the club

His agents a prick and took a payday at the wrong club for him

Will never be a top player but will make millions in signing on fees ala balotelli

Oh, and am I remembering incorrectly, or wasn't it the case that he declined to sign a new contract with Juve and wanted to leave because of racist nonsense he was subjected to there?

No, that did happen but wasn't the reason he left.

Lad has a poor attitude - people seem afraid to say it due to the racism allegation that will inevitably follow, but he just does, provably, have a bad attitude.

Did not impress any of his 3 managers at Goodison. For Carlo to let him go knowing that there was no replacement incoming tells you all you need to know about how he was rated here.

Seems like he needs to do a lot of growing up and quickly.

Hope it works out at PSG and we make a few quid on him.

Could do with learning how to control a football.

Personally just don’t think he’s as good as he was hyped up to be. Haven’t seen anything on the pitch to suggest otherwise when he has played. If he was he’d still be at Juve. Think we were so desperate for him to do well that we have turned a blind eye to the fact he just wasn’t that good when he did play. The odd bright bit of play here and there won’t cut it.

Will more than likely just swap our bench for PSGs. Nothing against him at all, hope he does well. When he gets a chance he’s going to be playing for a team that dominate 9/10 games they play so never say never. Don’t think he’s cut out for the Premier League though.

Souness is a massive penis though. He's just making assumptions there. What would he know?

Having said that, he clearly hasn't really produced much in his time with us, not that he's been given serious chances like, but I presume that must be because he's not cutting the mustard behind the scenes.

I don't think you can write him off at this stage though. Let's hope he gets some good experience and matures a bit at PSG, then comes back to us with mad skillz to shine in our Champion's League campaign. ;)

If that happens I'll eat my hat but I'd put it in the category of no chance / no chance

Hes a better back up than Tosun. If we are forced to rely on Tosun at any stage this season then we are doing absolutely nothing.

Can you please elaborate on this and back up how hes better than tosun. I mean what's he actually done. Tosun obviously isn't a top level striker but he has the right attitude and if we were in a tight away game looking for a late goal I would always take tosun over kean based on what I've seen from both players.

Hopefully, he'll do the business against Dijon and Reims, and then next summer an Italian club will be convinced to match what Everton paid for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.