Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Carlo implied recently that a keeper wasn't happening, but the evidence is now so overwhelming that the status quo is no longer tenable. Romero looks the most likely one year insurance policy against Pickford undermining all the good work. It's too late to look for anything other than a temporary one year solution imo.

Trying to lose players like Bolassie etc isn't going to be so easy unless it's all already organised now, many major prem clubs are trying to do exactly the same with their bloated squad numbers, but moving for a keeper now looks more important than ever and far more important than any striker.

The massive issue I have with Carlo having a chat with Pickford when he gets back is that means we aren't bringing anyone in right now. Which we really ought to do. We have a fantastic opportunity to do something great this year and Pickford is, completely, the literal weak link in the team.

His days are numbered i think.

@Zatara Are you trying to kill esk???

Or Nymzee who abused anyone that disagreed with his view that we wouldnt spend £25mil.

Him + Esk combined come in lower than what weve spent.

Agreed with this. I thought business was done after Godfrey but seems not after Carlos comments.

On the basis we can't fill every hole, then GK and RW the priority for me.

I think we'll make do and mend for RB.

Still say Josh King would tick several boxes and make a decent addition if surely, money is tight. Though Moshiri keeps finding coin down the back of the sofa.

I'd be open to almost any keeper as an emergency signing.

And, as limited as Kean is, we can't let him go without backup there. That's why if he is going, we could kill two birds signing King.

Either way, surely any further signings will either be loans or relatively cheap.

Certainly wouldnt sign Josh King.

If we bring players in they have to have top ability or top potential...he had neither.

Would definitely strengthen GK + RB + RM + CM if we can though.

I hope we move 10 players on.

Only just seen this:

ANCELOTTI: NEW SIGNINGS ARE COMING

Everton manager Carlo Ancelotti hinted that there could be more business between now and the end of the transfer window after his side continued their perfect start to the campaign with a 4-2 win over Brighton.

When asked about potential incomings and out-goings, the Italian said: "Really as I said I'm not focused on this. I think that our technical director is working on this.

"And so there are players that want to leave, to find another opportunity outside the club, I think we have no problem to let them go. You will see, you will see. Maybe something can come. Some new signings are coming."
Maybe we're working on more signings from Championship. I heard the window stays open both directions for an extra week.

I imagine this will get ridiculed but theres a keeper in the premiership who isnt 1st choice at his club, has a massive point to prove, is a Spanish international, was once rated at £70m and has fully grown arms.

I'd take Kepa Arrizabalaga on a loan deal before I'd play Pickford again.

I thought about this as well a couple of weeks ago.

My thinking was "Ancelotti is so could he may be able to fix him and if he can we have a world class £70mil keeper".

Then i remembered that even Ancelotti cant fix Pickford...

I still think we are going to give Palace a few players for Zaha. Can see them getting Bolasie, Besic and even maybe Walcott or Tosun.

if we could move on 3 players (or more) to palace for Zaha id be all over it.

Cant see them accepting though even if the players were keen.

I know Carlo implied recently that a keeper wasn't happening, but the evidence is now so overwhelming that the status quo is no longer tenable. Romero looks the most likely one year insurance policy against Pickford undermining all the good work. It's too late to look for anything other than a temporary one year solution imo.

Trying to lose players like Bolassie etc isn't going to be so easy unless it's all already organised now, many major prem clubs are trying to do exactly the same with their bloated squad numbers, but moving for a keeper now looks more important than ever and far more important than any striker.

Id be against Romero as there must be an underlying reason why united didnt play him over De Gea.

We need to go and sign a true top class superstar or its pointless...

Maybe we're working on more signings from Championship. I heard the window stays open both directions for an extra week.

There's less than 2 days left! With the time it takes us to finalise a signing I can't see 4 more in! And 10 out?!

Overseas deals finish on 5th. English clubs can buy/sell until 16th.

@GlosBlue i meant GK RB RM CM are the 4 areas where we need to strengthen. Id happily see a player come in for any of those positions.

The rest in Jan or summer.

I thought about this as well a couple of weeks ago.

My thinking was "Ancelotti is so could he may be able to fix him and if he can we have a world class £70mil keeper".

Then i remembered that even Ancelotti cant fix Pickford...

if we could move on 3 players (or more) to palace for Zaha id be all over it.

Cant see them accepting though even if the players were keen.

Id be against Romero as there must be an underlying reason why united didnt play him over De Gea.

We need to go and sign a true top class superstar or its pointless...

Overseas deals finish on 5th. English clubs can buy/sell until 16th.

@GlosBlue i meant GK RB RM CM are the 4 areas where we need to strengthen. Id happily see a player come in for any of those positions.

The rest in Jan or summer.

Thought it’s not between PL clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.