2020/21 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s his ego as well he makes bold statements on our upcoming transfer activity. So it’s either admit your a clueless blagger attention seeker and be happy as an Evertonian or take your bruised ego out on Everton and be miserable.

He obviously knows his stuff regarding accounts but the truth is he has absolutely no idea what’s happening behind the scenes. He interprets the accounts how any normal business would however we aren’t a normal business. He can’t accept that either the relaxing of the FFP rules due to Covid will help us and the fact that city were fined £49 million, £30 million of which was suspended. Their ban and fine were overturned in July so
even if they weren’t we know European bans will be lifted and I’m sure we’ve wasted more than the £19 million they actually paid just sacking managers. He thinks FFP will mean we cease to exist as a club rather then recognising we have a wealthy benefactor that doesn’t really care

I’ve said throughout that he always simply ignores the fact that our owner has consistently put funds into the club, which makes his analysis of the accounts pretty pointless since the moment he took over from Kenwright. I’ve also pointed this out to him and he just ignores it and continues to plough the same furrow, which for me is now purely egotistical I’m afraid.

He obviously knows his stuff regarding accounts but the truth is he has absolutely no idea what’s happening behind the scenes. He interprets the accounts how any normal business would however we aren’t a normal business. He can’t accept that either the relaxing of the FFP rules due to Covid will help us and the fact that city were fined £49 million, £30 million of which was suspended. Their ban and fine were overturned in July so
even if they weren’t we know European bans will be lifted and I’m sure we’ve wasted more than the £19 million they actually paid just sacking managers. He thinks FFP will mean we cease to exist as a club rather then recognising we have a wealthy benefactor that doesn’t really care

Disagree there. Any 'normal' business with a multi billionaire owner isnt going to be suddenly following/conforming with the statements Esk is making.

This is a time of disaster and opportunity depending on how prepared and how well off you are.

As for Godfrey, seems to be competition for both Allan and Holgate.

Clearly with Gabriel, Tomori and now Godfrey LCB was a key position to strengthen.

I’ve said throughout that he always simply ignores the fact that our owner has consistently put funds into the club, which makes his analysis of the accounts pretty pointless since the moment he took over from Kenwright. I’ve also pointed this out to him and he just ignores it and continues to plough the same furrow, which for me is now purely egotistical I’m afraid.

What do you mean? He’s acknowledged Moshiri putting funds into the club in the tweet you’ve quoted hasn’t he?

Disagree there. Any 'normal' business with a multi billionaire owner isnt going to be suddenly following/conforming with the statements Esk is making.

This is a time of disaster and opportunity depending on how prepared and how well off you are.

Clearly with Gabriel, Tomori and now Godfrey LCB was a key position to strengthen.
The extra year has probably given them wiggle room and as you say there is a potential opportunity this season in a depressed market to get better VFM buying players. I’d say we have a punchers chance at top 6 minimum now and if we can nick a CL spot then that’ll be a major cash injection next season.

From 10:20 they talk about his abilities.

they seem to really rate him. Their only concerns are turning circle (can be trained, especially if he’s quick footed) and he’s not the best in the air (which isn’t one of our key needs five Mina/Keane give that).

wonder if Norwich fancy taking some of our players later in the window (how has the Ormskirk Pele gotten on since he went there??£

they seem to really rate him. Their only concerns are turning circle (can be trained, especially if he’s quick footed) and he’s not the best in the air (which isn’t one of our key needs five Mina/Keane give that).

wonder if Norwich fancy taking some of our players later in the window (how has the Ormskirk Pele gotten on since he went there??£
Scored on debut, now injured till the new year.

When we bring him in that means that, when Holgate and Gbamin are fit, we have at least 4 players (5 if you include Delph but I think he'll be shipped when JP is fit again) who can play that holding role as backup for Allan. Gives us good versatility.

No mate you’re right, I’m not saying they would. Other industries don’t have spending caps though, the one imposed on us is a joke. City made a mockery of it (in my opinion rightly so) and he just doesn’t grasp that our owners would likely do the same given what they’ve already pumped into
The club and the likely consequences if the chickens did ever come home to roost

Buendia (or I call him EMI. because of his first name) is a really creative player and I pray that we dont sell him and Idah. However EMI still needs developing and could be a really sensational player in the Prem if he scored goals. In a couple of games last season he went past opponents as if they were not there.

I am not convinced the Turkish clubs have the money and he would be wasted out there.

Goodday and Ben God for 30m plus Tosun and Bolassie?

Go on

Status
Not open for further replies.