Match Thread Everton v West Ham Utd - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanted to give MOM to Nkounkou again so he'd win player of the month, but you can't look past big bad Dom. His confidence must be soaring. That first goal was straight out of Jamie Vardey's top drawer.

Special word for James too. I honestly didn't know he was this good. He just oozes class

The touch for that first goal, if that was James, or Kane or someone like that, the whole world would be purring. It was world class.

Screenshot_20201001_175852.jpg

Thought they will be given a morale boost in the dressing room??

View attachment 102739

Thought they will be given a morale boost in the dressing room??

I think there's certainly a danger of complacency after we dominate a first half. What I love about this team, though, is I just feel there's another goal in us after we concede. In years gone by, we go behind or concede an equaliser and heads drop all over the pitch.

Against WBA, Palace and now West Ham we've either gone behind or conceded equalisers and then gone on to win. Would rather not have to do it as often, but still not a bad trait to have.

I think there's certainly a danger of complacency after we dominate a first half. What I love about this team, though, is I just feel there's another goal in us after we concede. In years gone by, we go behind or concede an equaliser and heads drop all over the pitch.

Against WBA, Palace and now West Ham we've either gone behind or conceded equalisers and then gone on to win. Would rather not have to do it as often, but still not a bad trait to have.

Comebacks are great, especially to win matches that in previous years we would have lost but at a certain point we'll have to ask why we can't keep clean sheets in games we're dominating.

DCL flying high. Hope his best game still to come on 17th this month. But I am happy with quality on the bench. Some of them playing better than like members of first line last year.

There were some really good performances from most of the team, but I thought Richarlison played exceptionally well, stayed on his feet, passed when he should have and attacked their defence when the opportunity arose and worked tirelessly. It's that sort of form that can only make him a better player.
Yeah, his readiness to beat players, pass and help out is much improved these last few games.

I'm sort of not sure about the guy for some reason, same with Sigs, Silva, Martinez, Rooney, and the dutch blond fella who's name I forget), but in fairness to Rico there's not much more he can do to change minds given his effort and contribution this season. He got pace and strength in bundles too so if he can carry on this improvement building his touch, decision making and add goals he'll be a worldie.

Just watched the highlights - I gotta say that first goal.... the turn from Keane, the pass, the take and control from DCL and the cool finish - for me - goal of the season that.

If its beaten by us we'll be having had a good year.
If Hameez did it it would be all over the net ,I agree if we get a better one than that I will be a happy chappy .

Status
Not open for further replies.