Match Thread Everton v West Ham Utd - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see what people are saying here about drawing the lesser teams left in the draw for the QF.

However, that would only see us get the better teams later on if we got that far. I’d prefer to get a bigger team now when they might play their second team. If we are gonna win it we are most likely going to have to beat a city or RS and I think we stand a better chance in the QF than the final.

Pickford - 6

Kenny - 6
Keane - 7
Digne - 7
Nkounkou - 7

Allan - 8
Delph - 6
Sigurdsson - 6

James - 8
DCL - 10
Richarlison - 9

Coleman - 7
Doucoure - 7
Iwobi - 7

Though pleased with the result I felt irritated at the end of the game because of the injuries, to two of our most important player's in particular. Thankfully (hopefully) they aren't so bad, Ancelotti seemed upbeat enough.

Through to the quarter finals of a cup competition with the minimum of fuss - just like the best sides do. Similar sentiments towards the scoreline, we put four past them in a game closer than that suggests.

20 goals in 6 games so far this season, I've never known the like!

To be honest, I think that he is right. What we should do is disband as a club then we would never get another injury.
Tell him that.
I'm the one trying to say to field a team capable of winning football matches. We don't have to field our strongest 11. But we do need to get a balance ,to at least be competitive. Injuries do happen.I

I was going to say earlier do the players stop training when a player get injured during training. And players get injured in training all the time. Do we stop playing Spurs because they crocked Gomes?
But maybe you are right. Disband the club. Then no player gets injured ever again. And everyone lives happily ever after.
Ps.......I want Everton to become competitive in every match. And to.try and win every match. Let's not fall into all that crap about not bothering about the cups just so we can finish seventh every season. Don't remember ever celebrating a 7th place finish in all my years supporting Everton.
Up The Toffees.

Is just such a shame that we can't be there for these wins and good football, that's what 6 wins in a row with some good away wins thrown in and none of us are there to see it!

Though pleased with the result I felt irritated at the end of the game because of the injuries, to two of our most important player's in particular. Thankfully (hopefully) they aren't so bad, Ancelotti seemed upbeat enough.

Through to the quarter finals of a cup competition with the minimum of fuss - just like the best sides do. Similar sentiments towards the scoreline, we put four past them in a game closer than that suggests.

20 goals in 6 games so far this season, I've never known the like!
We scored 40 in the league last season, to get 20 after 6 games is mad

Status
Not open for further replies.