Spirit of the Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.
You see this is the difference. They are that conceited that they can’t comprehend the idea the sense of irony. They lack the self awareness to realise that we are taking the mick out of ourselves as much as anything. That we are just celebrating the fun of being a fan. The pure fun and silliness of nothing but that sense of belonging. We don’t have your success. We don’t have the trophies but we get that sense of belonging. They’ll never have humility. They’ll never be self deprecating. They’ll only ever be able to take themselves seriously.

I wish we had their success sometimes. My mates and I (blues and reds) joke that football gets in the way sometimes. That if circumstances were different we’d all be experiencing this silly thing together. They are the ones that get it.

But a large part of their fan base will NEVER understand. As they aren’t part of anything. It’s a box ticking exercise. They are hanging onto the coat tails of others because it makes them feel superior. And they’d be NOTHING without it.

We all just happy to be part of the same family. And any success that comes are way is just a bonus.

That is something that they will never ever understand.

Nailed it.

Not about winning games about 2020 being garbage and having a laugh that we don’t all hate Everton at the moment.

I’m sure it’s been asked but can you set it as your iPhone ringtone ?
Probably I’m not techie on phones but
A723BAF7-FA3D-40F8-A636-04D41F184A57.png

You see this is the difference. They are that conceited that they can’t comprehend the idea the sense of irony. They lack the self awareness to realise that we are taking the mick out of ourselves as much as anything. That we are just celebrating the fun of being a fan. The pure fun and silliness of nothing but that sense of belonging. We don’t have your success. We don’t have the trophies but we get that sense of belonging. They’ll never have humility. They’ll never be self deprecating. They’ll only ever be able to take themselves seriously.

I wish we had their success sometimes. My mates and I (blues and reds) joke that football gets in the way sometimes. That if circumstances were different we’d all be experiencing this silly thing together. They are the ones that get it.

But a large part of their fan base will NEVER understand. As they aren’t part of anything. It’s a box ticking exercise. They are hanging onto the coat tails of others because it makes them feel superior. And they’d be NOTHING without it.

We all just happy to be part of the same family. And any success that comes are way is just a bonus.

That is something that they will never ever understand.

That is spot on. They don't understand irony at all.

I could say the most ridiculous thing possible, and often do, and they just can't see the sarcasm of it, and will just be fewming about it all over the interweb or whatever.

Like "winning the I-tunes number 1 spot is a better achievement than winning the champions league". There will now be a lot of them dissecting this comment as if it were meant seriously.

That's the difference really. They believe their nonsense. I think most of them actually believe that pointless 2 game knock around is actually the world cup. A few do it ironically, but most of them really believe it.

Do Kopites not realise we’re doing this cause it’s genuinely a warming moment for us cause it’s a bit of fun.

Seem to think we’ve gone mad with it cause we’ve won all 3 games.

RENT FREE

This is them to a Tee:

I said it before, after they won the league and proceeded to call goad us and call us bitter, completely unprovoked. And I'll say it again. They have no sense of joy. Winning, for them, isn't about joy. It's about sticking it to someone else. Gloating, boastful, peacocking. They will never be happy, no matter how many tainted salbutamol infused trophies they win. And they have the audacity to call us bitter.

Joyless, soulless, Narcissists, the lot of them.

This is them to a Tee:

I said it before, after they won the league and proceeded to call goad us and call us bitter, completely unprovoked. And I'll say it again. They have no sense of joy. Winning, for them, isn't about joy. It's about sticking it to someone else. Gloating, boastful, peacocking. They will never be happy, no matter how many tainted salbutamol infused trophies they win. And they have the audacity to call us bitter.

Joyless, soulless, Narcissists, the lot of them.

Spot on this. Couldn’t even get joy out of winning the league for the first time in 30 years. They had to go out and see who could behave like the biggest knobhead.

Spot on this. Couldn’t even get joy out of winning the league for the first time in 30 years. They had to go out and see who could behave like the biggest knobhead.

Yep.

There is that Kopite journo who crops up in the usual places, Tony sommet. What ever the subject, usually RS related obvs, he cant go more than a few sentences without referencing us in a snide way.

Honestly, just dont get it.

Is it bad that I’m looking up places to eat in Bogotá of a night incase we go there next pre season? Last season I couldn’t even be bothered to watch us on match of the day, now I’m planning to follow them to other side of the world.

For anyone who’s interested

You don't go to bogota to eat. The stuff you go for means you wont be eating or sleeping much.

Absolute classic, many thanks to everyone who has contributed to all of them, never laughed so much in the last 3 days as i have for many a year, all the wife can do is sit and listen to the songs going off every minute and my just sitting there laughing, she thinks I'm losing it, always been proud to be a blue in what ever things have come our way in my 50 years watching them and so proud to be part of the blue family.

Status
Not open for further replies.