Old Everton Pictures

Your memory is fading ! From what I can gather I'm about eight years older than you !!!!! I only remember because I am constantly reviewing my photo collection of goals and looking for new ones. ask me about anything other than the Blues and I'm lost.
Deffo Joe got us the pens as my brothers mate was moaning about my hero - what's he doing in this game etc deffo caused Mike England problems he gave at leat one or maybe two pens away by rough tacking from behind as he had done the whole game then bang pens from Joe persistence - He soon shut up .......

I was there's very tense game ........memory failing me I know Mike England was penailised twice for hauling Big Joe down from behind back to goal .......I remember we were struggling. ........
I remember Joe giving Mike England a torrid time. Joe who was still only 20 or 21 at the time while England was an experienced international who could not contain him. I don’t recall us struggling in this game tho Joey.

I remember Joe giving Mike England a torrid time. Joe who was still only 20 or 21 at the time while England was an experienced international who could not contain him. I don’t recall us struggling in this game tho Joey.
We won 3-2 in those days that was a struggle - Joe had a great game MIke England was rough in the way he handled Joe rough in tackling him i.e. then giving us pens ......how did the scoring go ?
I forget as I was cramped in the park end aged 15 yrs old .......
I know we drew 0-0 in the rung Coventry at home as we told our uncle to come to see this fantastic blues team we played well , but did everything but score that day ......he still came with all my family and friends to the games after v WBA in the night we won the title - Goodison rocked that night never heard all the ground sing in Unison ever .....the grandstand floor the feet banging on the flor etc 2-0 could have been 6-0 'only for John Osborne the WBA keeper plus the woodwork.....
What a night......

We won 3-2 in those days that was a struggle - Joe had a great game MIke England was rough in the way he handled Joe rough in tackling him i.e. then giving us pens ......how did the scoring go ?
I know we drew 0-0 in the rung Coventry at home as we told our uncle to come to see this fantastic blues team we played well , but did everything but score that day ......he still came with all my family and friends to the games after v WBA in the night we won the title - Goodison rocked that night never heard all the ground sing in Unison ever .....the grandstand floor the feet banging on the flor etc 2-0 could have been 6-0 'only for John Osborne the WBA keeper plus the woodwork.....
What a night......

Loudest I've ever heard Goodison. Unbelievable!

What a night......
You are correct Joey, it was a tight game, much closer than I remember.

Attachments

• 1334E99B-3453-41FE-91F1-52EDC7C84292.jpeg
    1334E99B-3453-41FE-91F1-52EDC7C84292.jpeg
    40.5 KB · Views: 65