Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s hold out for Donnarumma next summer then
To be honest I'd be happy wife a "safe" keeper like Pope , who is steady and reliable.

Pickford's doing my head in.

The Dutch lad is pretty much a carbon copy - doesn't dominate his area and likes to mess about wih the ball in the area

Small time in saying we should break the bank now and put our foot to the metal?

How?

Its an opportunity to take advantage of clubs who have no income from match day revenues and don't have a benefactor like we do.

Were two or three players from being serious top four challengers.

How is that small time?

Cos it sounded like you only thought we might be good for a year or 2 and then will go back to being gash. We should be aiming to be good but also sustainable for years to come.

The time is now.
Break the bank for a top goalie and zaha.

Were not going to have this manager and this squad for long.

Seize the chance and put our foot on the pedal.

If not now, when?
Carlo has no problem with this
Brands has no problem with this
Moshiri has no problem with this
Usmanov has no problem with this
Could you ask UEFA and the PL to loosen their FFP and STCC rules a lot more
Thanking you in advance

lol

Weve got the 22/24 age group with Richarlison, DCL, Holgate, Davies, Kenny and Iwobi.

Then the 18-20 age group with Branthwaite, Nkounkou Gordon, Gibson, Virginia and Kean.

There we go... :)

I also liked Lookman but something seems to be missing as hes not gone anywhere.

I think we need 11 starters and 11 hungry u21s behind pushing them.

With these 6 Branthwaite, Nkounkou Gordon, Gibson, Virginia and Kean were not far off my own target and hopefully we will see one or two emerge from the academy and/or another couple of prospects signed.

Speaking of prospects...

Amazing detective work. Lets hope hes as good as the last 2 youngsters weve signed ;)

Guess he goes into the u18s...

17 in october so perhaps 2 seasons away from being an option, by that time Allan will be 31 so nice long term planning.

Definitely lacking quality depth at centre midfield especially and centre back with the 2 injuries.

By my count we need 10-14 players moved on to allow us to strengthen further.

Problem is that a lot will go after October 5th deadline to lower league clubs...

Surprised weve not managed to punt more.

Could always look at it that Ancelotti has told him to concentrate more and be ice cool on the pitch and follow instructions...so hes trying to focus hard.
knock Davies and Kenny off that list

Carlo has no problem with this
Brands has no problem with this
Moshiri has no problem with this
Usmanov has no problem with this
Could you ask UEFA and the PL to loosen their FFP and STCC rules a lot more
Thanking you in advance

STCC was scrapped last year.

Dont see how on Earth they can also enforce FFP rules for at least the next season, possibly 2.

But we cant plan our spending for things we assume.

If we offload some from the wage bill we have lots of wiggle room, but sadly nobody wants our jokers.

But Seamus didn’t put in 2 top performances at full back before getting shifted to right midfield.

His case was the opposite of Niels. He played further forward in a position that was not natural to him and dropped back once he could be trusted defensively.

Niels is already playing in his natural position, and doing pretty well so I don’t see why we’d mess with that. He’s still getting forward from left back, so I don’t understand what people think we would gain from moving him further up the pitch.

Add to that the fact that we’ve already got Richie / Gordon to play left wing, and the Niels to winger shouts start to make even less sense. Pretty sure Coleman was shoehorned into RM because we didn’t really have a better option there at the time
I think they would be nervous of playing Nkounkou at full back just yet.
CA said last night how good he was going forward but was still learning defensively.
We must remember the standard of opposition, there is no doubt that Nkounkou would be targeted if included in a premiership game at the moment and we don't know how he would deal with it.

This is not being critical of the player at all just an acceptance that he is still young and inexperienced and a good premiership forward like Zaha would be a totally different challenge to anything he has faced yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.