Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Seamus didn’t put in 2 top performances at full back before getting shifted to right midfield.

His case was the opposite of Niels. He played further forward in a position that was not natural to him and dropped back once he could be trusted defensively.

Niels is already playing in his natural position, and doing pretty well so I don’t see why we’d mess with that. He’s still getting forward from left back, so I don’t understand what people think we would gain from moving him further up the pitch.

Add to that the fact that we’ve already got Richie / Gordon to play left wing, and the Niels to winger shouts start to make even less sense. Pretty sure Coleman was shoehorned into RM because we didn’t really have a better option there at the time
Unless I'm mistaken, bar that horror show against Benfica, didn't he play his first game at RB against Spurs in a game we were 2 nil down in, until he came off the bench and terrorised them? Sure he had a hand in both goals to make it 2-2.

Could be wrong though- was a decade ago.

What's the point dealing with Chelsea and Frank. We know that they are trying to keep everyone happy so they have a very deep squad. They will happily stretch this out to 5 minutes from the deadline. I don't see the point.

We literally got caught out by them last year with this exact scenario, I don't know why we are barreling towards this again. Frank Lampard is so annoying. Glad to hear that we are looking at other options, but there is a chance once again that we get left at the alter and have to wait for Branthwaite and Holgate to get back from their injuries for proper cover.

Unless I'm mistaken, bar that horror show against Benfica, didn't he play his first game at RB against Spurs in a game we were 2 nil down in, until he came off the bench and terrorised them? Sure he had a hand in both goals to make it 2-2.

I remember the exact game you’re talking about. Think he came on at RM but I’m not sure. Will have a look for the game online when I get a chance.

Either way, the majority of his early games for us were at RM

I’m still to be convinced with Todibo, he was THE promising young French CB at one time but his form has fallen off a cliff in recent years when he really should have been kicking on. More than happy to be proven wrong but I’m iffy

What's the point dealing with Chelsea and Frank. We know that they are trying to keep everyone happy so they have a very deep squad. They will happily stretch this out to 5 minutes from the deadline. I don't see the point.
Exactly , Lampard is a loathsome cockney wide-boy , he is playing us and the players along again. Don’t deal with him . In fact try not to have any dealings with any cockney’s at all , don’t trust any of them.

3DA586F4-5A5E-41E9-A621-295137476F44.jpeg

Apparently came on for Yobo after 15 minutes! So god knows where he was playing, presumably right back with Hibbert moving to cb.

My memory of that game was Coleman coming on quite late and inspiring the comeback, but clearly I’ve destroyed most of my brain cells in the last few 11 years

View attachment 102084

Apparently came on for Yobo after 15 minutes! So god knows where he was playing, presumably right back with Hibbert moving to cb.

My memory of that game was Coleman coming on quite late and inspiring the comeback, but clearly I’ve destroyed most of my brain cells in the last few 11 years

Spurs missed a pen in injury time I think?

Can remember a real clumsy challenge by Hibbert

Status
Not open for further replies.