Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the sense Watford are desperate to offload Sarr. The fact they are offering him out says as much. It looks like Liverpool preferred Jota and United haven't bitten. Using Iwobi or Walcott to sweeten the deal and reduce the cost could be a very attractive option.
Posted yesterday that they may be struggling to meet the next instalment payment. Was it Rennes?

Maybe mate. Sky don't seem very well sourced to me. Did they even call the Jota signing.

I'd be surprised if they did, and hope not as I think he's a good player.

If he does end up there, I'd imagine the RS will have a field day in offsetting unwanted reserves against his value.

I'm amazed at the value they get for players, some of whom can't even be classified as fringe.

I've really never heard nothing mate. Ever. If I did I wouldn't share it anyway!

However, just looking at how other transfers have been done, it's tended to move quite quickly and been a bit left field. Certainly Doucoure was a surprise. The leaks seem to have been cut down.
Yeah. All leaks tend to come from the selling side. Even the Doucoure links came from a Watford ITK

Posted yesterday that they may be struggling to meet the next instalment payment. Was it Rennes?

That makes some sense. It's odd they were hawking him around clubs.

People would be very surprised how things like that make a difference in clubs. In general we see 30m or whatever they paid and think it's all up front. It's generally not, it's spread. Of course, when a big bill comes in for him next season, they only way to really solve that is to move him on. It puts clubs under a lot of pressure.

Todibo if he can stay fit should be great signing. Barca fans rate him alot higher than they ever did Mina.

Absolutely, all things being equal and a credible board/President I would expect the club would keep Todibo and count on him for the future but instead he is merely transfer fodder after being acquired on the cheap. I think he's excellent and would fit in at any club

Common sense says hang on to Gibson until replacement brought in. We were left short last year but didn't have the level of injuries to expose us. But we did at left back 3 years ago when we had to play Martina
It all depends where Gibson is in the pecking order I suppose. If the thinking is that they would rather move digne or Kenny to centre half than play Gibson then there’s no point keeping hold. I’ve said before, none of the signs out of the club suggest that they think Gibson is a great prospect. He gets bigged up on here but it seems he’s some way off at the moment.

If he does end up there, I'd imagine the RS will have a field day in offsetting unwanted reserves against his value.

I'm amazed at the value they get for players, some of whom can't even be classified as fringe.

Similar issue with us mate. Firstly the wages they pay and secondly whether they'd jump down are in question.

In a broader sense, you have to factor in they manipulate figures well, and tend to use agents a lot (so pay agents very high fees to move them on). So you see 20m for Solanke. At best you are looking at £10m down, the rest based on goals, England appearances etc he will never score. Of the 10 they recieve, they probably pay 4 or 5 to an agent to ag agent to sort the deal. They probabaly take about £5m of that, and will get another couple on the drip. Again it's still a lot for Solanke, but after Chelsea have been paid their 3 or 4 million initially (plus the sell on %) they don't make an awful lot. Hence why when their books look very good, it is not as rosy underneath it all.

Sides are getting cleverer with them too this summer. There have been no stupid offers for Lallana, Origi, Wilson, Brewster (yet), Lovren, Shaqiri etc.

It all depends where Gibson is in the pecking order I suppose. If the thinking is that they would rather move digne or Kenny to centre half than play Gibson then there’s no point keeping hold. I’ve said before, none of the signs out of the club suggest that they think Gibson is a great prospect. He gets bigged up on here but it seems he’s some way off at the moment.

The counter would be, why offer him the 4-5 year contract they did?

I get the sense Watford are desperate to offload Sarr. The fact they are offering him out says as much. It looks like Liverpool preferred Jota and United haven't bitten. Using Iwobi or Walcott to sweeten the deal and reduce the cost could be a very attractive option.

Use both of them. I still haven't seen enough of sarr yet though, i think he'd be OK to come in as a backup now and iron out the rawness over the next couple of years, but we need to be buying a starter right now, he's not good enough yet to start 30 odd games for us and be effective imo.

His market value right now is very high. If he stays and they don't get promoted you could basically half the current asking price. No shock they're trying to flog him right now.

I personally don't think he's worth the £40m or so that's been touted - another winger that doesn't score a whole lot of goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.