Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem we may face with our surplus players is they’re not really top quality players and they’re all on top money. The new delayed restrictions on fans returning to stadiums is going to impact lower league clubs massively, therefore they will turn a blind eye to our players and their massive wages.

I'm hoping we could squeeze two loans in, and loans cost money too, but I don't see us making anymore permanent signings. Even if we moved on some big earners like Delph/Walcott, I expect money is very tight now.

I've always thought making full use of the loan quota should form an essential part of our transfer strategy, and after doing our main business, this is where it comes into play now.

Obviously you don't make loan deals for their own sake, but another two in specific areas would give Carlo some more options and depth.

I still expect us to make a few more signings. Can see the window being blown wide open with clubs being more open to selling players due to the covid circumstances the closer we approach deadline day.

Max Aarons getting interest from Barca and Bayern says it all.

£20m to compete with Seamus for the next two seasons, he’ll be fully ready to replace him by that point.

English too with games for the u21 side (which seems like a factory for top players at the moment).

Interest from Barca is nothing to read into too much - they've signed some serious amount of whoppers over the past 4-5 years.

not a single back up player could make up for the loss of James so let's not use this "what if our best player gets injured" excuse again and again.

Yeah missing the point we haven’t got a single player who can create to even 30% of what James can do.

Seems a few are forgetting how bad we Were when we got hold of the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.