Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rumors that Barcelona has agreed to buy Dest from Ajax. We should be putting in a bid for Emerson or switching our attention to Max Aarons. I'm not sure he's a huge improvement on Kenny in the short term, but he certainly has higher upside. Guardian reported earlier that Norwich are willing to do a loan deal - https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...d-norwich-hold-talks-over-max-aarons-transfer

Emerson plays for Betis.

I know he's on loan there, but its not like Barca can just sell him, think Barca will probably just pay the 6m next year to fully buy him and then knock him out for a profit.

Fair point, but I think there is no way we will get through a season with only Doucoure ,Allan and Gomes.
Selling Davies would mean probably two or more would have to play tomorrow against Fleetwood as we must put out a reasonable team or risk being put out of the competition and that is the way it will be all season
Tom Davies can play cup matches and can come on as a sub if needed in league games. I think midfield will have to be rotated to keep our top three as fit and fresh as possible and have them available for the bigger games if possible.
I think JR will not have any defensive duties and that is the reason for three in the middle, to cover for JR not working back.
If we could count on Gbamin that would be different, but I dont think we can so I see four players covering three positions and I don't think that is enough
It'll be nice to have Davies as a back up, but the point I'm making is that it isn't essential to replace him , even if we do sell both him and Delph, which I doubt will happen anyway, so this may all be moot.

As I said, we will not need 3 covering CMs for every game we play, In at least half the games I can see James being one of the middle 3, with 3 strikers ahead of them. plus you seemed to have forgotten Siggy again who will be one of the midfield 3. And you can't just discount Gbamin I'm sorry. Not at this stage.

Players like Bernard and Iwobi can always play in the middle 3 if we have an injury crisis, as could Holgate if he is fit himself and there is also the U23s we can call on. Or we can just play a different system. We don't have to play 433 every game and I'm pretty sure we won't

For a season with no European football, going into the season with 6 CMs to cover 3 positions is perfectly fine. As it is I think we'll end up with 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.