Old Everton Pictures

hi scored a hatrick on debut ??guess who against lol ..instant legend ,, top scorer 78 ,,player of the year 78
p2.jpg
p1.jpg
p3.jpg

Pickering was magnificient. The best 'straight-ahead' No. 9 I have seen in my lifetime. He murdered us at Goodison when he notched a hat-trick from Blackburn in a 2-4 defeat; he murdered Nottingham Forrest with a hat-trick on his debut for us in a 6-1 win. The guy was special. Then he buggered over in the Derby at Goodison with no one near him, and that was it...

Very sad end to a great player...
Aided and abetted by the great Bryan Douglas pulling the strings and a 'rugged' shall we say, in your face, get your retaliation in first attitude.
I think we were 0-3 before we knew what day it was.
iirc, Burnley and Bolton came and did the same

1971 / 1972 First Division - Manchester United 0 Everton 0 United's Denis Law beats Everton goalkeeper Gordon West at Old Trafford, but fails to score - I set off for this game with my family & my uncles car just along the east Lancashire road stated its ok lads the car passed the MOT that am, its going well, and a minute later we were sat in the central reservation his brake pipes had burst missed a dull game by all accounts but sat hours to be picked up was no joy either......
1600688605751.png

16th April 1977. Everton winger Duncan McKenzie battling with Derby County defender Colin Todd, at the Baseball Ground in a 3-2 win for the Blues -In which he scored one of them -
I read an interview way back in a book with Becky Valentine - He & Gordon Lee just never got on he was scathing of Gordon Lee who he rated as a lower division manager, as the team were capable of winning things he was just not up to it dour defensive etc - to me he was a fancy Dan luxury player who had loads of talent, but was not a team player - loved him on his day again smoking 60 cigarettes a day he admitted it did him no good.....
He is still a great Evertonian though -
1600689936163.png

16th April 1977. Everton winger Duncan McKenzie battling with Derby County defender Colin Todd, at the Baseball Ground in a 3-2 win for the Blues -In which he scored one of them -
I read an interview way back in a book with Becky Valentine - He & Gordon Lee just never got on he was scathing of Gordon Lee who he rated as a lower division manager, as the team were capable of winning things he was just not up to it dour defensive etc - to me he was a fancy Dan luxury player who had loads of talent, but was not a team player - loved him on his day again smoking 60 cigarettes a day he admitted it did him no good.....
He is still a great Evertonian though -
View attachment 101814
He was a hero when we needed just something to hold on to.
Dem lot across the park just gearing up for glory.

This photo was taken around 1933. L-R: Ted Critchley, Albert Geldard, Jimmy Dunne, W.R. Dean, Tommy 'Tosh' Johnson & Jimmy Stein. All but Critchley played in the 1933 Cup Final (Ted scored the semi-final winner -
View attachment 101749
Bought that photo for only a few pence at a car boot a few years back. Framed as well. It was a newspaper clip titled Evertons attacking line up. Back in those days (as you all know) Teams lined up something like 3-2-5.
It's a great photo. And to come across it at a car boot. Cost me something like 30 pence........great stuff.