Match Thread Everton v West Bromwich Albion - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If James keeps putting these worldie crosses in, we definitely have enough players who can win a header.

I hope they put a lot of work into crosses, especially with guys like Doucoure, Keane, Mina, DCL, Richarlison all who can beat their man with a header.

I voted James, that's how good he was.

Everybody was flat today for about 45 -50 minutes, and he basically won the game off his boot.
1st the goal
2nd the dink for richarlison that the keeper couldn't come out for.
3rd the crosses/corners were 9 out of 10 times spot on...

he made three goals that won the game.

DCL was outstanding as well.
So was Richarlison.
And Allan, took over in the 2nd half.

James was fantastic but I just feel you can’t score a hat trick and not be man of the match , that said James is going to be absolutely glorious some of his football was just amazing . Richarlison is working so hard and showing so much ability , he could be on goals himself by now and it seems Allan will be a solid 8/10 every Week .

even when the commentators were complaining early on we could have been 2 or 3-1 up . In my , beer driven opinion , That’s a very decent win and I missed a furious then glorious goodison today . I get others are apparently disappointed, mina in particular needs to have a serious look at himself but That’s a nice win and we’ve took another step forward . Any football fan who can appreciate James , Allan or the improvement in DCL needs to have a little word with themselves

Mina crap, Pickford can't be relied upon, Gomes poor, Richarlison not sharp enough yet.

That aside, that was a good victory which should have been a few goals more.

Let's not forget we have had no time to gel yet, so every victory is welcomed no matter how it is achieved.

James outstanding alongside Allan, while Keane is oozing confidence and DCL can't stop scoring. Seamus again looked decent and Digne is happily seeing a lot of the ball.

Bring in a new centre back and a striker and I think we'll have a great squad. I don't think we'll get a new keeper but would love us to sign one.

Good start to the season.

Disagree about Gomes and Richarlison, who I thought was superb again, had a hand in at least three goals and had a worldie crossed out to a fractional offside. The rest I'll agree with.

At one point early on I was struggling to find anyone worthy of motm. James made the difference to the outcome of the game and his quality shone through in the end.
Strange when someone gets a hatrick and I don’t give him motm but well done to DCL for that contribution.
The 10 men made a difference to how WBA could play and it was very comfortable in the end.
Big Yeri was a bit of a bomb scare and that would be a negative.
Subs were at the right time and Siggy gets plus points for his performance when he came on.

Diagana gave our defence a bit of a torrid time early on...but he looked like a good player. Faded out completely though after they went to 10.

Might not sound it from my post... but feel good factor is definitely here.

Great to win but felt like a bit of reality check which is no bad thing with the window still open. Everybody played well last week but this week not so. Both Pickford and Mina were extremely poor. I expect we will finish between 6th and 9th. We really need to target the league cup. It is such a big opportunity for us with the European sides having no choice but to rest players due to fixture congestion

No we're winning the league!

Status
Not open for further replies.